Ch 10: Daylight

"I don't wanna think of anything else now that I've thought of you"

I looked in the mirror, examining my outfit. I fixed my skirt before changing my shirt. I grabbed a green long sleeved shirt, tucking it into the skirt. I put on my black boots before walking out of my room. Millie was sitting on the couch with a book in hand, per usual.

"Millieeee" I sang.

"Good morning, sunshine" she said.

"So, has there been any development?" I asked.

"What if she isn't, you know" she said.

"Sometimes you have to take that chance" I said.

"Easy for you to say. You have Riven wrapped around your finger" she said.

"He is not wrapped around my finger" I said.

She smiled, going back to her book.

"Well, anyways, I'm going to the bastion" I said.

I grabbed my bag as I headed towards the door. I yelped as I opened the door to see Riven standing there.

"Holy shit!" I said.

"Sorry, love" he said.

He held up a singular lily as my cheeks instantly turned pink. He handed me it as I smiled.

"It's beautiful" I said.

"Like you" he said.

He kissed the tip of my nose as I pulled him in for a real kiss. We pulled apart as he grabbed my hand, pulling me down the hallway. I smiled as everyone stared at us, whispering to their friends.

"They're talking about us" I said.

"I know" he said.

"It doesn't bother you?" I asked.

"It shouldn't bother you" he said.

He tightened his hand as I smiled. We got to the bastion as I quickly let go of his hand. Silva glared at us as Riven went to get started with training. I set my bag down before walking to Silva. I put my hands behind my back as we walked side by side.

"Something you want to tell me?" He said.

"Nope" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Nothing I can think of" I said.

"Sky already told me" he said.

"Fuck" I said.

"Not to say I was surprised" he said. "Farah thought it would've happened sooner."

"Wait, you guys made a bet?" I asked.

"Maybe" he said. "The group over there with Sky are ready for a new level of training."

"Don't need to say it, got it" I said.

I looked at Riven who was staring at Aaron who was staring at me as I walked up to the group of about ten guys. If looks could kill, Aaron would be dead by now.

"I don't know if Silva had told any of you but this will be a new form of training" I said.

"I gave them a little rundown" Sky said.

"Uhh, I guess pair up" I said.

Sky went to pair up with Riven who didn't give Aaron much of a choice to be with him.

"Sky, you and David first" I said.

I followed them up the steps to the platform. They each had a stick in hand that represented a sword as I felt my hands heat up. I created a circle of fire around them as David began panicking.