Ch 8: Cardigan

"And when I felt like I was an old cardigan under someone's bed, you put me on and said I was your favorite"

"Briar Dowling"

I rolled over in bed as the whispering continued.

"Find me"

"Shut up" I muttered.

"Find me"

I jolted up, looking around my room to make sure nobody was there. I sighed as I laid back down. I turned to my side closing my eyes when someone walked in my room.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty" Gwen sang. "Are you okay?"

"Was there anyone in my room?" I asked.

"No?" She said. "Mills and I just woke up."

My phone began buzzing as I leaned over to grab it from my nightstand.

"Hey" I said.

"Meet me at the bastion in fifteen" Sky said.

"Are you serious? I just woke up" I said.

"Okay?" He said. "Fifteen."

I hung up the phone as Gwen handed me a water.

"Because you're probably feeling like shit" she said. "You drank a lot last night."

"Did not" I said.

"You couldn't walk, Riven had to carry you back here" she said. "Millie had to be carried too, so apparently I was the mum last night taking care of my two children."

"Yeah, yeah" I said.

I got out to bed grabbing the first thing I saw. I pulled the jeans up and awkwardly walked to my closet. I saw an old cardigan I hadn't worn in years in the back, grabbing it before pulling it on. I left the tank top on I was wearing from the night before, pulling on a pair of brown boots. I walked out of my room as Gwen stared.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"Bastion. Sky. Wanna join?" I asked.

"Sure, I got nothing else to do" she said.

"Perfect" I said.

We walked to bastion in silence as I drank the entirety of the bottled water. Sky was laying on one of the platforms, looking up.

"You good?" I asked.

"Are you good?" He asked. "You were so drunk last night."

"Alright, was I really that bad?" I asked.

"Yeah" Gwen and Sky said in unison.

"That's fair" I said. "So.. why did you tell me to meet you here."

"I don't know if I should tell Stella this" he said.

"Tell her what?" Gwen said.

"Ricky was flirting with me last night. And I don't know if it's because she was drunk but that's Stella's best friend" he said.

"Oh shit" I said.

"Do I tell her?" He asked.

"I mean she could've just been drunk and that's why she did it" Gwen said.

"I don't know, I'd want to know if my best friends were flirting with my boyfriend" I said.

I glanced at Gwen, smiling.

"I know they wouldn't but still" I said. "Ricky does flirt with a lot of people."

"Yeah, I always see her flirting with Riven" Gwen said.