Ch 45: Vigilante Shit

"You did some bad things but I'm the worst of them"

"Have you ever done something like this?" Billy asked. 

"No" I said. 

"Great" he said. 

We got to the door of the lighthouse as Billy kicked the door in. I formed fire balls in my palms as we walked inside. A fire was crackling straight ahead of us, a outline of someone being hung up from the ceiling in front of it. 

"Bloom?" I whispered. 

"Get off me!" She screamed. "Get off!"

I closed my palms, running towards her. I got closer to her, seeing her eyes were open but darkness consumed them. Black surrounded her eyes, giving the illusion of smudged mascara. I touched her cheek as tears streamed down her face. I got inside her mind, feeling her pain and wanting it to stop. 

"Wake" I whispered. 

I waited for her to come back but she kept moving her mouth but no words escaping. 

"What's happening?" Billy asked. 

"She's not waking up" I said. 

Billy threw a blue energy ball at the chains as her body fell onto mine. I got a better look at her face from the fire. My heart sank seeing her in this state. 

"We need to go, now!" I snapped. 

Billy helped me with her body as we dragged her out and walked towards the portal. We neared the portal when I sensed someone behind us. The watch on Billy's wrist began ticking. We were nearing the five minutes as I decided to turn around. I was faced with a tall man. He was smiling as I straightened my posture to appear more menacing. He slowly clapped his hands while his smile remained. 

"My dear daughter" he said. 

"I am no daughter of yours" I said. 

"Who else gave you your Elemental magic?" He asked. 

He held his hand up as lightning shot out of it. I held both my hands out on front of me as I absorbed it. I held my breath as it began to ball up. I looked up to him, smiling. 

"Your little minion taught me some tricks" I said. 

I threw it towards him as he narrowly avoided it. I pushed Billy through the other side of the portal as him and Bloom fell to the ground. I took one look at the man who is known as Aleksander Sallow before going to the portal. I felt roots from the ground slowly snake up my leg, stopping me from moving any further. I fell to my knees as the roots made their way to my neck. I looked up as my father kneeled down. 

"Just like your mother" he whispered. "Weak."

"She was not" I coughed out. 

"Wanda could not do what was needed" he said. "I should've killed her when I got the chance. Now, I'll kill them."

My heart shattered as flashes of Riven's bloodied body entered my mind. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I felt something explode inside me. I screamed as the roots broke around me. I stood up, feeling an insane amount of magic. I ran through the portal just as it closed to see Riven on the ground with his sword in his stomach. 

I ran to his side, too scared to remove the sword. My hands began shaking as he coughed up blood. I grabbed his face before looking over my shoulder to see everyone else on the ground but Bloom was missing. 

"Hey, look at me" I whispered. 

Riven slowly turned his head as our eyes met. My entire body began shaking as I felt his heartbeat slowly decrease. I pulled the sword out as blood began pouring out of the wound. I put my hands over it to stop the bleeding as I heard rustling behind me. 

"Help!" I yelled. 

Tommy sped over, taking Riven's body inside. I slowly stood up, looking at my bloodied hands. Billy slowly got up from the ground as anger took over my body. 

"Where is she?" I asked. "Our mother, where is she?"

"Briar, you can't go alone" he said. 

"If he dies, I will turn into someone nobody wants to see" I said. 

I looked inside his mind before walking away. Without a second thought I threw a bright red energy ball as it changed into a portal. I walked through it to see a large building that looked similar to a penitentiary. 

I threw an energy ball to the door as it flew off the hinges. I walked through it as men with guns pointed them to me. A switch turned on inside me as I held my hands out, levitating their guns in the air, flicking my hands, throwing them. 

I looked at my right hand as lightning began crackling in it. I slammed my hand to the ground as all the men got electrocuted. I began getting shot at as the bullets collided with my suit, falling to the ground as they were unsuccessful to get through it. I looked at my stomach to see not a single one had hit me. 

"I do not wish to hurt you!" I yelled. 

"Stand down!" One yelled. 

"Very well" I said. 

I held my left hand up as water droplets from the ground formed larger balls. I walked a few steps, turning my hand as the water went into the mens mouths. I watched as they all fell to the ground gasping for air. 

I stepped over one of the men, seeing a pair of keys on his belt. I took the keys, making my way inside. The lights inside turned red as alarms began blaring. I ignored the yelling from behind me as bullets once again crashed against my suit. 

"Where is she?" I asked. 

I turned around as no one said a word. I smiled at one of the men as he slightly began shaking. I looked inside his mind, seeing a cell number. I formed a ball of light in my hand, throwing it towards them. They screamed out in pain, not being able to see anything. I listened to their screams as I made my way to a heavily guarded cell. 

"Move or you will be moved" I said. 

They stood their ground, tightening their grip onto their guns. I held my hands up, levitating their bodies into the air before throwing them to the walls. I took the keys I had taken from a guard, putting in the strange looking key into the lock. The door clicked as I opened it to be faced with another door. 

I tilted my head before twisting my hands. I threw energy blasts at the door as it busted off. I walked through it to see my mother in a tank filled with water. People in lab coats looked at me scared. I noticed tubes all over her body, walking towards the tank. 

"Let her out" I said. 

I heard scrambling as they wasted no time doing so. The tubes detached from her body as her eyes popped open. I held my hand up, manipulating the water and draining the tube of it. The tube lowered as she struggled to stand on her own. I grabbed her arms as her eyes began to water. 

"Is it really you?" She whispered. 

I nodded as her lips began to shake, trying to form a smile.