Ch 22: I Wish You Would

"You're thinking that I hate you, cause you still don't know what I never said"

I decided to go with something casual today to wear. Simple black leggings, a purple sweater and boots. Gwen, Millie and I walked to the Bastion to meet Silva for training of some sort.

"You're late" he said as we approached.

"Fashionably late" Gwen smiled.

Silva ignored her comment, calling over three Specialists. Aaron, Riven and Oliver walked over.

"Oliver with Gwendolyn, Aaron with Millicent, Riven with Briar" he said.

"If you don't mind, I'd rather be with Briar, sir" Aaron said.

"Oliver with Gwendolyn, Aaron with Millicent, Riven with Briar" he repeated. "I am simply pairing you up with who I think you will work the best with. Now, go."

I gave Aaron a small smile as Riven and I walked away from the others.

"Looks like your little boyfriend is angry" Riven said.

"Not my boyfriend, and you know that" I said.

"I don't think he knows that" he said.

I grabbed one of the training spheres as we went to a quiet area. I could feel his eyes on me as we walked further into the woods. I levitated it in my hands, looking up to him.

"You ready?" I asked.

He nodded as I threw it as far as I could. We waited for a few moments as our backs collided with one another.

"You going to tell him?" He asked.

"Of course I am" I said. "I don't want to keep leading him on."

I turned my head, hearing rustling.

"You hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said. "Stay close."

He put his hand on my lower stomach, pulling my body closer to his.

"Do you know what we're training for right now?" I asked.

Before he got the chance to respond a Burned One jumped out as it screeched. I held my hand out as fire erupted from it. It continued to come at me as I focused harder on my fire as it intensified. 

"Stab it!" I yelled.

Riven stabbed it near where I would assume the heart would be. It disappeared going back into the sphere.

"Haha, yes!" I yelled. "That was actually pretty easy!"

Riven grabbed my body, lifting me into the air before setting me back down.

"Congratulations. First pair to actually defeat a Burned One" Silva said.

We both turned around seeing Silva and my mother together. They monitored us the remainder of the time as each time we defeated the Burned One. 

"You two should probably join the others" my mother said.

I nodded as Riven and I went back to the bastion. I immediately noticed Aaron glaring at Riven.

"He looks like he wants to kill me" he said.

"He does" I said.

He smirked as we waited by a bench for further instructions. He nudged me as I tried not to smile.

"Riv, stop" I said.

"Or what?" He asked.

I looked over my shoulder seeing Gwen on support rounds with my mother.