Ch 28: Babe

"Since you admitted it, I keep picturing, her lips on your neck"

I held my hands out as roots from the ground appeared. I pushed my right hand out furthers as the vines made their way to Marco.

"That's it" Rosalind said.

The roots went around Marco's legs, pulling him to the ground. I tilted my head as the roots were soon around his entire body. He was now barely able to breath as I let go. He gasped for breath as I stepped back.

"It's time to forget control" she said. "When you let your emotions loose, you can find yourself to be far more powerful."

"No, I'm already powerful" I said.

I looked at her before walking away. I passed the bastion to see Sky fighting on the platform. Riven looked over at me as I tried not to smile.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket once I got to the suite. I clicked on Sebastian's contact, contemplating if I really wanted to do this.

"Hello" Sebastian said.

"Can I talk to Silva?" I asked.

"Briar?" Silva said.

"I need you to be honest with me" I said. "Did you know?"

"Did I know what?" He asked.

"You know" I said.

"Farah loved you, Briar. You were her daughter"  he said. "She may not have given birth to you but you were hers."

"Do you know who my birth parents are?" I asked.

"No. The circumstances surrounding your birth were unknown even to Farah" he said. "We should've been more honest with you, Briar, and I'm sorry about that."

My eyes began to water as I sniffled.

"No matter what Rosalind says, Farah loved you and did what was best for you. You were never meant to find out this way" he said.

"What if she's dead?" I asked.

"Don't say that" he said.

"They haven't found her. And I know something is wrong" I said. "I can feel it."

I looked at my phone as it buzzed.

Terra

Could you come to the greenhouse quick?

"I hope to see you soon" I said.

"Be careful, Briar" Silva said. "Rosalind cannot be trusted."

"I know" I said.

I hung up the phone before leaving the suite. I got to the greenhouse to find a familiar curly haired girl.

"Is that Flora?" I asked.

"Briar?" She squealed.

I smiled as we pulled each other into a hug.

"It's been ages" I said. "How are you? How are your parents?"

"They're good, yeah. Um.. I heard about your mom" she said.

"She's alive out there, hopefully" I said. "Hope is all I can do."

She smiled as I looked around.

"Where's Terra? She texted me" I said. 

"I actually don't know" she said.

I followed her to one of the rooms attached as she knocked on the door.

"Terra, you in there?" She asked.

"Just a sec" Terra said.

I opened the door, walking around the corner to find Musa looking out the window and Terra standing over Devin. I walked closer to him as Terra fixed the blankets on him.

"Do you think you could wake him up?" She asked.

"I can try" I said. "I've only ever put people to sleep."

"You can put people to sleep?" Musa asked.

"You'll get there someday" I winked.

I got inside his mind as his memories became mine. I saw the creature running after him as I gasped as his pain went straight to my head. I had tried my best to wake him up but let go before his pain took over my body.

"What the hell" I whispered.

"Could you see anything?" Terra asked.

"I saw him running in the forest. He was truly terrified" I said. "Sorry I wasn't much help."

"It's okay" she said.

Flora went on about a plant that I couldn't care less about as I began to walk out.

"Musa, if you ever want any tutoring with your magic, I'm more than happy to help" I said.

She smiled as I left the greenhouse. I hadn't paid attention where I was going when I walked into Riven.

"Hi" he said.

"HI" I whispered.

"Andreas told me you've been practicing the other elements with Rosalind" he said.

"Not that I want to. I'm trying to get on her good side, if I do maybe she'll help find my mum" I said. "She wanted me to hurt Marco and I couldn't do it."

"Well, look who it is" Beatrix said.

She wrapped her arm around Riven's waist as I tried to ignore this gesture.

"The oh so powerful Briar Dowling who Rosalind pushed me aside for" she said.

"Maybe if you were more useful she wouldn't have pushed you aside" I said. "Goodbye, Riven."

I walked away as he ran after me.

"Don't get the wrong idea" he said.

"I'm not. We're not together" I said. "I have no reason to be jealous."

"I didn't say you were jealous" he smirked.

"Fuck" I muttered. "Well, I'm not."

"I meant what I said in the forest. I only hang out with Beatrix because she has no one else" he said. "Yeah I may have kissed her but I haven't shagged her. I could never."

"When did you kiss her?" I asked.

"I didn't cheat on you" he said.

I looked at Beatrix before walking away. I took my phone out to text Bloom as I walked up the stairs. I glanced at Riven who was talking to Beatrix before walking down the hall.

Me

Give me updates on the creatures

She immediately called me as I answered it.

"That was fast" I said.

"Winx suite, now" she said.

I walked as fast as I could until I reached their suite. I looked around as pictures of texts were up.

"She's summoning these creatures to steal magic from fairies" Bloom said.

"What?" I said. "Are you serious? It makes no sense, she's quite literally one of the most powerful fairies alive."

"The thing about power is no matter how much you have, it's never enough" Sebastian said over the phone.

I looked at Bloom as she ended the call with Sebastian.