Ch 2: The Best Day

"But I know I had the best day with you"

I nudged Sky as we both straightened up, watching Silva walk towards us.

"Be nice to the new students" he said.

"What? I'm always nice" Sky said.

"I'm not talking to you" he said.

He glanced at me as I smiled. He sighed before walking away. Sky and I both walked to the courtyard in silence as we both looked around at the first years. We were both first years but growing up here, we knew our way around the campus. I looked around as many of the students had puzzling looks.

"They're all excited yet terrified" I said.

"God, I wish you would stop that" he said.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Feeling their feelings" he said.

"It's part of my powers. I promise I'll stop doing it without their permission, if that makes you happy?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes as a familiar voice sent a chill down my spine.

"Sky!" Riven yelled.

I took a deep breath in before turning around as he smiled. Sky instantly started laughing as he engulfed Riven into a hug. I didn't particularly care for Riven but I'd be lying if I said he wasn't easy on the eyes.

"Bri" he sang.

"Briar" I snapped.

"Oh, come on, love" he said. "I know you missed me."

"Will you shut up for once?" I asked.

"You know you like it when I talk" he said.

He was now in front of me as my eyes went down to his lips then to his eyes. He was smirking as I pushed him out of the way. I looked at a tan skinned girl with beautiful curled hair, she was looking around the buildings as I walked towards her.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Umm" she said. "I guess I'm lost."

She looked at me before her eyes widened.

"Briar" I said, holding my hand out.

She hesitantly shook it as I smiled.

"Gwendolyn" she said.

"That's a beautiful name" I said.

"Yours is too" she smiled.

"I think we might actually be suite mates" I said.

"You don't get a room to yourself?" She asked.

I laughed, realizing she knew who I was.

"News flash, headmistress' daughter doesn't get any special treatment" I said.

"Good to know" she said.

We both smiled before bursting into laughter. I motioned for her to follow me as we walked past Sky and Riven.

"Do you know them?" She asked.

"The blonde has been my best friend since we were children, and the other one is a royal pain in my ass" I said.

"They're both cute" she said.

"Sky is off limits and well Riven, I wouldn't wish him upon my worst enemy" I said.

Riven was indeed a royal pain in my ass but anytime I was around him, I often got butterflies and it all started before our little fiasco.

We got to the suite to see our other mate was already there. She had fair skin and long, dark black hair. She looked up from the couch, showcasing her rosy cheeks. I could practically feel her niceness from the door as we walked further in.