Ch 41: Labyrinth

"Oh no, I'm falling in love again"

Riven and I left the house as it was, it was hard but we needed to leave. I had gotten attached to the life we created. Perhaps it was too good to be true.

"Bee!" Riven yelled.

I jumped as he came up behind me, snaking his arms around my waist before putting his chin on my shoulder.

"I don't want to leave" I sighed.

"I would say we don't have to, but getting Bloom is more important" he said.

"Should I tell Sky?" I asked.

"Sticky situation, love" he said. "Aren't him and Mills like a thing now?"

"I've barely talked to either of them" I said.

"As much as I love standing here with you, we should probably get going" he said.

I leaned back into his body as he stood up straight. I waited a few moments before moving. I turned around, putting my hand to his cheek.

"God, I love you" I said.

"I mean who wouldn't?" He said.

I took my hand away, laughing as I walked to the car. I got into the passenger seat as Riven got into the driver. I pulled my phone out of my bag, swiping through my messages. I clicked on Sky's name, seeing he hadn't responded to my text from earlier.

We drove for a couple hours in silence, except for the radio that played crappy songs. Eventually we pulled into an abandoned warehouse. I went to open the door when Riven grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said.

He slowly let go of my arm as we both got out of the car. A man with blue furry skin walked out as I created a ball of fire in my palms. He put his hands up, transforming back into a human state.

"Briar?" He said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Hank McCoy" he said. "Emma and the others are waiting inside for you."

"The others?" I said.

"Follow me" he said.

I looked at Riven who shrugged as I closed my palms. Riven walked in front of me as I slightly smiled at the gesture. Once we got inside, four other people were waiting alongside Emma. Emma stepped forward, pointing to the people beside her.

"Briar, these are the last remaining team members of the X-Men" she said. "Bobby Drake, Ororo Monroe, Scott and Alex Summers."

"Last remaining?" Riven said.

I looked at the four of them, attempting to enter their minds but was blocked. I glanced at Emma knowing she was shielding their minds as suspicion arose.

"Two words. Wanda Maximoff" Scott said.

I could feel Alex's eyes on me as Riven stepped closer to me, putting his hand on my lower back.

"I'm sorry but this all seems a little bizarre" I said.

I wasn't able to read their minds but something seemed off about Bobby's stance. His hands were slightly shaking as he never looked me in the eye. My trust for Emma was starting to falter, what real reason would she have to block their minds if not to be hiding something. I knew Bloom was alive, I heard her, I felt her when Emma was in my mind. I knew she wasn't lying about that, there must be something else.