Ch 15: Lover

"And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear"

I cracked my neck before doing a little jump.

"Okay, hit me" I said.

"Are you sure about this?" Millie asked.

"Do it" I said. "I'm pretty sure I'll be able to catch it."

She looked at Gwen for support who shrugged her shoulders.

"If I end up getting hurt, just bring me to the greenhouse" I said.

She held her hand up as a ball of light appeared. I took a deep breath, nodding as she hesitated before throwing it. I held my hand up just as the ball of light came to me. My arm went back as I found the ball of light in my hand.

"Ha ha! I told you!" I said.

Gwen and Millie began smiling as I looked back at my hand that held it.

"Okay, so how do I get rid of it now?" I asked.

I threw it back to Millie who took care of it.

"That was actually pretty fucking sick" Riven said.

I turned around as him and Oliver walked towards us. I smiled, running towards him. I jumped up, wrapping my legs around him as he put his hands on my thighs. I placed a soft kiss on his lips before he set me down.

"Being friendly with little Ollie over here?" I asked.

"Don't ever call me that again" Oliver said.

"Ollie pop" I smiled.

He balled his fists up as Riven chuckled.

"Lighten up, mate" Riven said.

Oliver quickly whisked Gwen away from us as Riven gave Millie a chocolate bar.

"Oh my gosh!" She said. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes ma'am, best chocolate in all the realms" he said.

She quickly unwrapped it, taking a bite while smiling. She pretty much devoured it in less than a minute as Riven and I both watched.

"You know you could've just eaten it little by little, right, Mills?" Riven said.

"Yeah but what's the fun in that" she said. "Anyways, I'm supposed to hang out with Florence."

"Ohhh?" He smirked. "Does Millicent over here have a girlfriend?"

"I don't know if she's.. you know.." she said.

"Step by step" I smiled.

She nodded before walking away. It started to rain out of nowhere as I smiled, grabbing Riven's hand.

"You know how to waltz right?" I asked.

"Uhh, no" he said.

"Here, put your arm on my waist" I said.

He did as I said as I grabbed his free hand, holding our hands at shoulder level. I showed him how to move his feet as he continued to look at me.

"Stop. Look at how I'm moving my feet and mirror it" I said.

"You look beautiful like this.. with the rain dripping down your face and your hair wet" he said.

"I'm trying to teach you how to waltz" I said.

He smiled before looking down to my feet. After a couple minutes of him trying, he was able to move his feet in sync with mine.

And there we were. Dancing in the rain. Two care free lovers. Until the rain died down. We were left with soaking wet clothes and flushed cheeks.

"We should change" I said.

"Agreed" he said.

We walked hand in hand back into the school as we got stares. I ignored them for once as I focused on Riven's face. He still had water dripping down his face, his hair was drenched with a slight curl to it.

We got back to my suite as both Gwen and Millie were gone. I took a shower first, changing into shorts and a shirt afterwards.

After Riven took his shower he sat opposite to me in my bed. We stared at each other to see who would crack first. I pushed down my smile as one crept on Riven's face.

"I win!" I said.

"You expect me to look at this face and not smile?" He said.

He grabbed my face, squishing my cheeks. He kissed the tip of my nose before butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"I love you" I whispered.

My eyes went wide as I realized I had actually said it out loud. There had been very few times where I have said that phrase in my life. The last time I recall saying it was to Sky when we were twelve years old. It was after I had nearly taken his head off when I used a bow and arrow for the first time.

I had never truly loved anyone outside of my family that consisted of my mother, Sky and Silva. There was never anyone worth saying the words to and truly meaning it. But in this moment it felt right and I knew it was true. I loved Riven.

"I love you, Briar" he said.

He crashed his lips onto mine, grabbing my face as if it was going to evaporate in his grasp. He slowly took my shirt off before unbuttoning his pants.