Ch 9: You Belong With Me

"Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me"

The past couple days I had been ignoring Riven the best I could. It was hard when we shared the same best friend. The memory of almost kissing him replayed in my head. The last time we had kissed was months ago when we hooked up. The thought of kissing him made my stomach flutter but also made me feel sick.

Of course I wanted to kiss him, there had been so many instances where we could've but someone interrupted. He knew I was ignoring him because I would only reply to his texts but walk the opposite direction when I saw him in the hall. During training I would choose other groups to work with rather than the one with him and Sky.

I practically ran inside the school after Silva dismissed training. I walked to my mothers office as fast as I could knowing Riven would be hot on my tail. I bursted into her office, slouching in the closest chair.

"Everything okay?" She asked.

"I feel like I'm overthinking" I said.

"About?" She said.

"A boy" I said.

"I see" she said.

"That's all you have to say?" I asked.

"I have a lot of work to do, Briar" she said. "Come back later and we can talk."

I nodded, not saying another word as I left her office. I got back to the suite to be met with both Millie and Gwen standing with crossed arms.

"You've been ignoring Riven?" Gwen asked.

"Not really ignoring, per say" I said.

"You're ignoring him" Millie said. "He clearly has feelings for you."

"I'm scared okay" I said.

"He may be kind of an asshole but he's not with you. Give him a chance, Bri" Gwen said.

"Go" Millie said.

"If I do then both of you need to make a move on Oliver and Florence" I said.

"Deal" Gwen said.

I left my bag at the door before leaving. I made my way to Sky and Riven's suite to find no one there. I walked into their room to find it empty. I fiddled with my fingers waiting for Riven to come. I began to get anxious as the time passed. I was about to get up and leave when he came in. He looked at me, surprised to see me here.

"Bee" he said softly. 

"I wanted to talk about-" I stopped talking once I saw a gust of blonde hair behind him.

Alicia popped her head out as I felt my heart drop.

"I fear I have forgotten what I was to say" I said.

I walked past the both of them as Riven called out my name over and over until I turned the corner. I tried to hold in the tears until I had gotten to my room. I slammed the door, plopping onto my bed.

"Briar? You okay, babes?" Gwen asked.

"I'm fine" I said.

"No, you're not" she said.

She came into my room as I pulled myself up. I forced a smile as she pulled me into a hug.

"He had a girl with him" I cried.

She rubbed my back as I cried into her shoulder.

"Let it all out" she said.

My tears eventually dried out and I laid beside Gwen on my bed as someone knocked on the door. Gwen went to get the door as I rolled to my side. I closed my eyes, trying to sleep when I heard footsteps approach.

"I just want to sleep" I said.

"I promise you I did nothing with her" Riven said.

I jolted up, slowly turning my head to him.

"I'm crazy about you, Bee" he said. "You can see inside my mind, just look, I didn't do anything."

I fully turned my body to him as I shook my head.

"I won't look inside your head" I said.

"You've never?" He asked.

"No" I said. "You're the one person I have that control over."

He sat on my bed as I tried to look away but he yanked my head back to look at him. I gulped at the close proximity to him. I could feel his breaths on my face, trying to focus on my own.

"Kiss me" I whispered.

He took no time to waste as his lips crashed onto mine. He bit my bottom lip as my back slowly made it to the bed. Riven grabbed a fist full of my hair as I rolled over, getting on top of him. I quickly took my shirt off, throwing it to the ground. I sat on Riven's lap now as he stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're beautiful" he said.

I leaned over, smiling as I grabbed his face. I softly placed my lips on his as the kiss turned from soft and careful to hungry for more. Riven trailed his fingers on the side of my stomach, sending goosebumps down my spine.

"What the hell is going on!"

The voice made me jolt up as I was now faced with Sky. I crossed my arms in front of my body to cover my chest that was barely covered by my bra.

"Oh, don't fight over speaking" he said.

"Hey, Sky guy. Umm.. have you finished your essay that you were working on?" Riven asked.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

I sat there pretending to think.

"Not long. He came to my room only a few minutes ago" I said.

"Quit being a smart ass" he snapped.

"Technically speaking since last summer" I said.

"I thought you hated him" he said.

"Never said I hated him" I said.

"Pretend I'm not here why don't you" Riven said.

"I don't really know what you want me to say" I said.

"You're my best friend! You're both my best friends" Sky said. "I would've liked a little heads up."

"Sorry" I said. "Was there a reason you came here?"

"Well, Millie told me you were crying so I came to check on you" he said. "Clearly you are fine."

He stood there awkwardly as Riven took his shirt off giving it to me to put on. I mouthed a 'thank you', turning back to Sky.

"Alright, I'm going" he said.

I sighed, laying down. Riven did the same as we now were on our sides, staring at one another. He pushed my hair back as I closed my eyes. I drifted off into a deep sleep as Riven pulled me onto his body.