Ch 13: ...Ready For It?

"In the middle of the night, in my dreams, you should see the things we do, baby"

I hurriedly walked down the hall to my mothers office. I mumbled to myself as my boots clicked on the ground, my feet were absolutely killing me from these shoes and I hadn't even had them on for an hour. 

"Shouldn't have worn these" I said.

I burst through the doors as she messed with papers on her desk. She looked up before standing up.

"Let's go" she said.

"Are you going to give me any more information or no?" I asked.

"There is a girl in the First World who is a very powerful fairy. We need to bring her here" she said.

"Well, yes you told me that. But why?" I asked.

"There is something special about her" she said.

"What is so special about her?" I asked.

"We need to go" she said.

I nodded, following her into the hidden staircase behind her book shelf. We entered a portal that took us to the First World. I could count the number of times I had been on Earth on a single hand. It wasn't like Solaria or any other realm in the Other World.

I looked around at the houses as we walked down the street. My mother stopped in front of a white house. She walked towards the front door as I quickly followed. After knocking on the door a woman answered the door. I could see burns on her arms as she tried to cover them with her sleeves.

"I presume you are Vanessa Peters?" My mother asked.

"How may I help you?" The woman asked.

"I am here to talk to you about your daughter, Bloom" she said.

She invited us in, motioning for us to sit at the kitchen table. Soon her husband came in, sitting next to her. I glanced between the two as my mother looked at me, subtly nodding her head.

"I have to use the restroom, where might I find it?" I asked.

"Down the hall, on the right" Vanessa said.

I smiled before leaving the kitchen table. I turned around at the three talking before I made my way up the stairs. I looked down at the carpeting to see burn marks, clearly they hadn't gotten it removed yet. I followed them until I reached what I had presumed to be their room, or what was left of it. The dresser was burnt to a crisp, pretty much the entire room looked as if it had caught on fire. It looked as if nobody has stepped foot in there since the incident. 

"Can I help you?"

I turned around to a bright red haired girl. I tilted my head, trying to access her memories.

"You did this, didn't you?" I asked.

"What?" She scoffed.

She was nervous, I could feel it.

"It's okay" I said. "I know it wasn't on purpose."

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm just like you" I said.

I held my hand up as a small fire erupted in the center of my palm. She stumbled back as I smiled.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I said. "I'm here with my mum to help you, you already met her."

Her eyes darted from the ground and to me. I felt oddly comfortable with her, as if I knew her. But there was no way I could've, she was born in the First World and I was born in the Other World.