Ch 48: My Tears Ricochet

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace"

I looked around, confused as to where I was. It felt real but my body felt fuzzy, as if it wasn't my real body. I was trying to figure out where I was when I realized I was not alone. I slowly turned around to an old woman, she had short gray hair and purple clothing. A dark purple stone around her neck is what caught my attention. I could feel magic radiating off it. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"My dear.. you have been failed" she said. 

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"You are safe" she said. "My name is Agatha Harkness and I knew your mother when she was much younger."

I fell to my knees, suddenly feeling the weight of what has happened to me the past few days. I felt like a failure, like I was nothing.. I was completely broken. 

"You are not broken" she said. 

I looked up realizing she could hear my thoughts.

"You can hear me?" I asked. 

"I come from a very powerful coven of witches, young Briar" she said. "I'm afraid you have not been taught everything you need to know about being the harborer of the Chaos Magic."

"I don't want it" I said. 

"You don't have a choice" she said. 

I looked up as she walked towards me. 

"You are the harbinger of chaos.. destined to either protect the universe... or destroy it" she said. "Magic has always came easy to you because of who your parents are.. two very powerful magic wielders... one of fairy magic and other of witch magic."

"I can't do it" I whispered. 

"Your own mother told me that when she was about your age and yet she proved she was more than capable" she said. 

She grabbed my face, smiling down as if she was reminiscing. 

"You have your mothers eyes" she said. "Beautifully tragic. So much pain behind them."

"What happens if I give it to him?" I asked. 

"He thinks he can take it but he cannot" she said. "The Chaos Magic was made to be a myth by Chthon."

She backed away from me, holding her hand out as a book appeared. 

"He created the Darkhold, a prophecy written in the pages of a baby born with Chaos Magic, that baby was you" she said. 

"I don't want it!" I said. 

"If you give it to him, he will die" she said. "It was made for you, only you can contain the magic!" 

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked. "The man I have loved for years is gone! My sister is near death!"

Tears began falling down my face as I tried to catch my breath. 

"My mother is dead! And yes, I know Wanda Maximoff is technically my birth mother but Farah Dowling will always and forever be my mother.. and she's gone.." I said. "I can't keep going on like this!"

"Have they not told you?" She asked. 

"Told me what?" I asked. 

I wiped my tears as she swiped her hand, the book disappearing.