Ch 30: False God

"I know Heaven's a thing, I go there when you touch me, honey, hell is when I fight with you"

I stood beside Rosalind as a good handful of Specialists stood in a line with bows in hand.

"We do not know much about scrapers. We do know fairy magic is ineffective against them, which is why now is the time when the Specialists must shine" she said.

"Now that I'm back, I'll be taking over ranged combat, the primary method of taking down scrapers" Silva said.

I'll admit I was happy he was back but it still felt weird under the circumstances.

"Let's see what you got" he said.

Sky held up his bow and arrow first as the others followed in suit. Riven shot his first one as it missed its target by a long shot.

"You know for homing arrows these fucking suck" he said.

I laughed as Rosalind glared at me. Riven turned around smiling as I looked away.

"Combat won't be as easy as hitting a single target. The Blood Witches and the scrapers will attack together" Silva said.

"Mind Fairies can protect Specialists from Blood Witch magic" Rosalind said. "Musa."

"Can I maybe just watch, my magic hasn't been very helpful recently" Musa said.

"You're one of the strongest Mind Fairies here. Your magic is limited only by your will" she said. "Focus."

Musa reluctantly stood up to walk towards Dane.

"Got him" she said.

Rosalind nodded to me as I tilted my head watching Musa enter Dane's mind.

"Protect him while I simulate an attack" I said.

I entered his mind along with Musa as he started to whimper in pain.

"I can feel you, Musa. Push me away" I said.

I could feel her trying to push me away. She was not trying hard enough or barely at all. I let go once Dane randomly shot his arrow.

"Told you. Not helpful" Musa said.

"Just like that attitude" Rosalind said. "Who's next?"

I looked at Gwen as she volunteered herself. The process repeated itself with each Mind Fairy as none were successful in pushing me away. Silva dismissed the Specialists from combat as Riven stayed behind.

"You did good today" I said.

"You're lying. I was shit" he said.

"Yeah, you kinda were" I said.

He smirked, walking towards me. I held back a smile as I looked up to him. I put my hands behind my back, tilting my head. His eyes scanned over my face as Millie walked over to us.

"Words out that Rosalind is leaving" she said.

"And what does that mean?" I asked.

"Grapevine" she smiled.

"Good idea, Mills" Riven said. "See you both there? An hour?"

"An hour" I said.

He ran back towards the school as Millie smiled.

"Sooo" she said.

"Soooo what?" I asked as we walked inside.

"I saw the look you both gave each other" she said.