Ch 42: Long Live

"You held your head like a hero, on a history book page"

I sat across from Emma, examining her facial features as her eyes were closed.

"We've been training for a few days now, I'd like to know more about my father" I said.

"Alexsander Sallow" she said.

She opened her eyes as I stared into them. We sat there, neither of us looking away.

"Why was he erased from history books, essentially as if he never existed if he was the most powerful fairy?" I asked.

"He was reckless, cocky if you will" she said.

I tilted my head, seeing a crack in her defense, she was angry but not towards me. 

"He was in love with another woman?" I said.

She tried her best to show no emotion but failed when she balled up her fists. The crack was quickly fixed as I was kicked out of her mind.

"Let's see how well you've been paying attention" she said.

I whipped my head around, holding my hand out as Bobby's body levitated in the air. I flicked my hand as a small red ball threw Bobby to the wall. 

"I've trained my whole life, so this isn't much. I've been training day and night to get my sister back" I said. "Tell me about my father."

Emma smiled before standing up. I glanced at Riven who was standing beside Alex a few feet away from us. She motioned for me to follow her as I did. I waited for her to speak, taking the matters into my own hands. 

"Why was he essentially erased from existence?" I asked. 

"He was powerful and trusted the wrong people" she said. "It got him into trouble and turned him dark."

"Where is he?" I asked. 

"The same place Bloom is" she said. 

I looked at her as she ignored eye contact. As much as Emma led herself on to be poise, she was slowly deteriorating in that department. The more I questioned her about my parents, the more her lies became less believable. 

"Which is where exactly?" I asked. 

She hesitated to talk as I took a step towards her. 

"I'm tired of these games, Emma" I said. "I want my sister back."

"We will help you get her back and him" she said. 

I tried entering her mind again, forcing it now as cracks began to form in her crystal shield inside her mind. I felt myself start to lose control as Emma began to whimper in pain. I stepped back as she composed herself. I walked away from her as Hank and Ororo had made sure she was okay. 

I stopped walking, looking at my hands as they began glowing red. I closed my hands, taking a deep breath as my eyes went to the steel door that had been haunting my dreams the past couple nights. I walked towards it, putting my hand on the cold door. I closed my eyes as it felt like someone was calling to me. I saw a glimpse of a young boy who was at least two years younger than me. 

"Help me"

I stepped back, realizing there was someone behind there. I quickly walked to our room, grabbing Riven once I got there. 

"There's someone in that room" I said. 

"What room?" He asked. 

"The one that everyone is on edge about" I said. "I felt them. I need to get them out."

"Remember when Bloom let out Rosalind and she was in there for a reason?" He said. 

"That's different. This a teenager, a boy" I said. "What logical reason do they have to keep a teenager as a prisoner?"

"So, what are you proposing? We just break him out and what? Those are some of the most powerful mutants alive, you cannot take them on your own" he said. 

"They're all lying to me. I felt Emma's anger towards my father, even if it was for a half a second" I said. "I'm getting that boy out of there."

"Do you think she's lying about Bloom?" He asked. 

"No, that's really Bloom calling out to her. I literally felt it" I said. 

I wrapped my arms around him, putting my head on his chest. I smiled as he put his head on top of mine. 

"Did Sky respond to you?" I asked. 

"Yeah" he said. 

"You didn't tell him did you?" I asked. 

"Nope" he said. "What do you think he's going to do when you get Bloom back?"

"Baby steps, Riv" I said. 

He kissed my forehead before pulling apart. We tried to come up with a plan as best as we could. I stayed up late, glancing at Riven every so often to make sure he was asleep. I sat on the floor, closing my eyes as I did the exercises Emma taught me. I took three deep breaths before clearing my mind. I felt magic coarse my veins, magic I had only felt one other time in my life. 

This magic wasn't fairy magic, it felt more raw and powerful. I felt like my consciousness was transferred to a different place as a girl with green hair turned around to face me. She looked shocked, but not scared that a random person had appeared before her, it was as if she was expecting it. 

"Its you" she said. 

My eyes darted open as I caught my breath. My hands wandered around my body to make sure I was really here. I looked around the room as tears streamed down my face and I fell into a soft sob. I didn't know what was happening or what was going to happen. Alls I knew is that I was going to do anything to get Bloom back.