3 • The Dinner

A/N: For your information, the Draco-squad belong to the following years in this fanfiction:

Draco Malfoy, 5th year.
Pansy Parkinson, 5th year.
Vincent Crabbe, 5th year.
Gregory Goyle, 5th year.
Pike, 5th year.
Theodore Nott, 7th year.
Blaise Zabini, 7th year.
Jade Evergreen, 7th year.
Y/N Y/LN, 7th year.

**

«Take this up to Y/N's room», Draco said and
handed your trunk to a house elf standing in the corridor of the Malfoy manor. The little elf grunted and let out a tiny squeak as the blonde haired boy had let your huge trunk fall on its toes. He didn't seem to notice, or care.

It's an awfully bad habit to forget to appreciate good things in your life because you're too accostumed to them...

That is, until you lose them.

You sent the house elf a sad look and mouthed «sorry» and quickly followed Draco further down the corridor.

«So, are we going to talk about how the hell you ended up in there?» Draco had stopped and looked at you. Him being the same height as you made your eyes perfectly aligned to each other as he stared you down. A little annoyance spread across his face.

«Well, that's easy to explain», you started. He cocked an eyebrow at you, being impatient. You smirked.

As you opened your mouth to convey a lie, Jade had poked her head out of one of the rooms close to where you were standing, interrupting you.

«Will you two lovebirds hurry up? The little idiots cooked up another batch of food, and if we don't eat now then Goyle will have ate it all», she said and rolled her eyes.

«Hey! We aren't-», Draco exclaimed lifting his arms up totally taken aback about the lovebirds comment.

«Just... Come on», you said and pulled him with you as you sighed.

Well, at least you didn't have to explain yourself.

-

In the dining room you were all sat around a fairly long table. Long enough to seat about twenty people or so. Right next to it was a huge fireplace, which was already lit. From the ceiling there were a couple of beautiful chandeliers hanging, all dressed in black and silver colours. Like the rest of the room it was quite... dark. But it made it look majestic in a way.

You were sat in the middle, with Jade on one side and Draco on the other. Around the table you found Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, Blaise, Pike and Theodore spread out.

The table itself was filled with food. Chicken. Potatoes. Greens. Bread. Butter. Gravy. The lot.

Jade was twirling her black hair around her finger, as she shot Pansy a glare. «Why are you staring at me, Pansygirl?» she asked, raising her eyebrows. «You look like someone just pissed on your plate the way you're flaring those nostrils», she added, still twirling her hair. You quickly brought a hand up to hide  your amused smile.

The boys were stuffing their faces with food, but stopped to look up at the two, awaiting Pansy's answer.

«You know damn well why, Jadegirl», Pansy sneered. Pike shoved his elbow at Pansy to stop her, «just give it a rest, it was probably just a joke», he said with his mouth full of chicken, spitting as he spoke.

Thedore eyed Pike angrily as he attempted to wipe away the greasy spit that had managed to find its way to his white shirt. «Merlin, sorry Nott», Pike said as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve, only to recieve another death glare from Theodore.