45 • Believe Me

You felt like throwing up.

For a moment you stood there quietly. Holding your breath. Attempting to comprehend the fact that he had taken her from you.

My baby.

She's gone.

And so you screamed, and you screamed. Tears ran down your face. Collapsing on the floor your voice was breaking as you squealed your daughters name, «SCARLET?»

Silence.

«SEVERUS», you cried, crawling to Scarlet's crib. Hoping that if you just closed your eyes for a moment she would be back. Like she'd never gone. «Scarlet? Mama's here», you whimpered through a heavy flow of tears as you pulled her blankets and toys out of her crib. She really was gone. You even pulled out the tiny mattress, screaming at the emptiness of the crib.

At the back of your mind you knew he wouldn't be able to hear you due to the constant silencing charm on your chambers, so no students would be troubled by your daughters cries. But it didn't matter, in your terrified and heartbroken state you kept crying her name, and you cried his. Wanting someone to wake you from this awful nightmare.

A mother's worst nightmare.

«Fuck you Malfoy», you screamed as you started hitting the wall. Picking up a little stool you threw it into the wall. A bucket, a plate, anything you could grab - you threw it into the wall. The dizziness engulfed you as you felt yourself getting sweatier by the second. Crying you collapsed again, collecting Scarlet's blanket and toys that smelled just like her. Breathing fast and quickly you felt your mouth go dry.

«SEVERUS», you cried, clutching to the blanket around your naked body. You couldn't think properly, you just wanted her back. You wanted him by your side. Hiding your face in your hands you screamed so hard you started coughing. Quickly it faded into hyperventilating as the panic properly set in. Heaving for air repeatedly you felt like you'd forgotten how to breathe. Struggling to control it you thought you never would, like this was your moment to die.

«Severus», you whimpered, «help me». You backed up into a corner, crying your eyes out, breathing uncontrollably, clutching to your blanket, as well as hers. The tears just kept coming, they cascaded like rain, a painful waterfall, blurrying your vision. Screaming one last time, on the top of your lungs, «SEVERUS», your voice was loud and clear. A heartbreaking scream.

But he wasn't there.

-

Snape had contemplated whether he should've gone straight to his office to prepare for class. But as he walked past your chambers he felt warm inside, imagining gliding into your bed and wrapping his arms around your soft, warm and naked body. As that thought was way more tempting than going to his office he decided to stay with you for at least another hour.

Opening your door, however, he noticed your bed was empty. On the floor there was shards of porcelaine, and a lone bucket lay randomly in the middle. He felt his heart race, it sure looked like there had been a fight. «Y/N?», he yelled as he didn't see you. But he heard nothing. Immediately he glanced towards Scarlet's room, realising the mattress was on the floor. Halfway out the door. Her toys. Everything. Running in there he clutched to the doorframe as he scanned the room. Tucked in a corner his eyes found you, he mumbled your name under his breath as he hurried over to you.

It was as if you hadn't even sensed his presence. Your limbs were weak, your stare dead and your face emotionless. He cupped your face in his hands as he tried to have you look at him, but your eyes were fixed on the dragon plushie on the floor. «Y/N?», he whispered, but you didn't reply. He put his hand under your nose to check if air came out, realising that it did he pulled your limp body into his arms in relief. The curse he had mentioned to Albus was a real concern he'd had, and seeing you like this just hours after he opened up to you certainly didn't feel right.