23 • Jelly Slugs

Stopping by a rather ugly statue of a one-eyed witch, Harry pointed at it. «Right here», he whispered. Looking at the statue up and down you figured it would work the same way as the one in the dungeon that Professor Snape had used.

«What's the password?», you asked, your voice low.

«I'll tell you on the way back, so it doesn't open right now», he said and you nodded in agreement, «it takes about an hour to get to Hogsmeade from here, just so you know. It'll take you to the cellar in Honeydukes».

«Mm'kay, thank you», you said, feeling uneasy by his kindness. You both started walking back.

«Why do you hang out with Malfoy?», Harry asked as he tried to keep up with you. Not feeling like being around him much longer you wished he'd already told you the password so you could just ditch.

«Hm?», you replied.

Which one? The one I've slept with or the one I nearly slept with?

«Nevermind», Harry regretted his question, worried you'd find it offensive and tell Draco.

«So? The password?», you asked as you stepped back onto the Grand Staircase.

«Dissendium», he whispered to you. Recognising it as the same one the professor had used you wondered whether there were more statues around Hogwarts with the same password.

«Thanks», you muttered. Once you reached the first floor he reminded you of the deal, and then you waved him goodbye.

-

«Please tell me you got the information?», Blaise asked you with wide eyes.

You were all cramped up in a booth at the Three Broomsticks. Well, everyone besides Pike, Crabbe and Goyle, who were at Zonko's.

«I did», you said and grinned, a mug of hot butterbeer in your hands.

«How did you do it?», Jade asked you as she leaned over the table and looked at you in awe.

Looking at Draco you contemplated whether you should tell the truth or not. He wouldn't like the fact that you teamed up with his enemy. But, many eyes had already registered you with Potter, so there probably was no chance he wouldn't hear about it.

«Well, I didn't really ask the twins», gazing over at Blaise you shrugged. He seemed confused. Pansy on the other hand wasn't really paying attention as she was fumbling with Draco's tie, trying to fix it so it would look its best.

«Who did you ask?», Blaise tilted his head to the side slightly. You had another sip of your butterbeer.

«Potter», you replied as you licked the foam off your lips. Draco's expression hardened.

«What?», he exclaimed. Jade tried to shush him.

«Don't worry about it», you replied. Pansy glared at you.

«You couldn't just stick to the plan?», she sneered at you.

«The most important thing is we know where it is and how long it'll take to use the passageway», you said, «does it really matter how I found out?».

«It doesn't», Theodore said calmly, his eyes fixed on his butterbeer.

«Thank you, Theodore», you said as you glared back at the girl.

Draco brushed Pansy off of him as she was still fidgeting with his clothes, «how did you get him to tell you?», he asked, imagining you flirting with the chosen one. Pansy rolled her eyes.

«Well», you looked at Blaise with an apologetic look, «we have to give them a bottle as well». Draco seemed relieved.

Pansy was about to curse you out, «then I'll just buy some too», Jade interrupted in a whisper, a smirk plastered on her face.