50 • Ice Cubes

A/N: So 50 chapters. Jeez. Thanks to everyone who's still around this far.

I'm away this weekend. And I feel bad for not being able to update as often. So this chapter is a bit longer.

Oh, and smut ahead, darlings.

**

A violent knocking on your door made you wake up abruptly. It took you a couple of seconds to understand exactly where you were.

Snape was still sleeping soundly next to you, and you realised that you had never seen him actually sleep like this till now. He was always awake before you. His hair looked disheveled around his face as if he had been tossing and turning a lot, and his lips were slightly parted in a relaxed manner. Surprisingly enough he was a quiet sleeper. You wanted to smother him with kisses but unfortunately you weren't given another second to admire his sleeping state as the knocking startled you again, making your eyes quickly drift to your door. You tried to shuffle out of the bed without waking either of the black haired sleepyheads.

On your way to the door you grabbed a blanket to wrap yourself in. Stumbling on it you practically fell against the door, certainly confusing the person on the other side. Turning back you made sure you hadn't woken them up. But they were still asleep.

You opened the locks and pulled the door in slightly and squinted at the person on the other side.

«Miss Y/LN, why are you not in class?», her grating voice surprised you, «and have you seen Severus? I cannot for the life of me find him anywhere».

The sound of her voice made him wake up directly, and looking around the room he had the same issue as you for a couple of seconds wondering where he was. It seemed as though you'd both slept pretty heavily.

«Uh», you didn't know what to say as you turned to glance at him. The cat-witch's eyebrows raised in surprise before they curved downwards into a frown.

«Humpfh! Tell Severus he has overslept», she whisper-yelled in anger, «there are students waiting for him in his classroom». You widened your eyes and glanced at the time.

«Oh god, Severus», you muttered as you watched him frantically move around. McGonagall let out a deep disappointed sigh.

«In all his years as a Professor, he has never been this late», she said to you as if it was your fault, her eyes beamed with anger making you slightly worried they would pop out of her head. She kind of reminded you of an angry chihuahua.

She popped her head in and saw him buttoning his cassock. «You had me worry over nothing you dingus», she squealed as low as she could so no students would hear, as she stormed down the corridor. You closed the door and cleared your throat.

«I think we overslept», you whispered.

«Oh, you think so?», he said sarcastically as he rushed into your bathroom to wash his face. You walked over to Scarlet who had started to wake up, her morning whines made you smile as you hushed her. Rocking her in your arms you walked to the bathroom and stood by the door as you watched the Professor get ready.

«I think McGonagall is angry with me», you said to him.

«She is right, I've never overslept», he drawled as he ran his fingers through his hair, «but then again I've never had a reason to want to stay in bed all day either», he said as he pushed past you and slapped your behind as he did so, making your breath hitch in your throat.

You scowled at him playfully, «what was that for?»

«Just a taste of what I'm going to have to postpone for later», he said as he stopped by your door. You smirked and walked over to him and laid your head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around the both of you and kissed your head.