27 • The Orange

Leaving Professor Snape's office you felt like screaming even more. Another part of you wanted to run back into his arms. Another part of you had wanted him to hug you as you screamed, it was all you needed.

Do I go back?

You knew he must've been angry at the way you'd spoken to him. And you found it both strange and exhilarating that he'd let you. It had felt good.

It was getting late, and seeing that it was a saturday you figured Jade was with Theodore. Wishing you could cry to her and tell her everything you realised there really was none for you to open up to. Even writing your feelings down didn't seem safe.

Stopping at a corner you tried to calm yourself. Inhaling and exhaling slowly like you'd learnt in Divinations you contemplated once more if you should go back.

Will he yell at me?

Walking back towards his office you stopped.

«Y/N?».

Turning around you saw Draco standing in the empty corridor. He looked sad.

«I'm sorry», he said, «I came to find you, but you were gone».

«Go away, Draco», you muttered.

Walking over to you he grabbed your hand, but you pulled away instantly. Worried the professor's grip earlier had left a mark. Looking down you tried to examine them without it seeming weird. Nothing.

«I said I'm sorry», he frowned.

«You know, if you'd let me talk I would've told you that the date thing was just a part of the deal», you said quietly.

«I know», he scratched the back of his head, «Jade told me».

You nodded, glad she stuck up for you. «You know, I find it kind of offensive that you think I'd actually date him», you said and laughed weakly.

Draco grinned, «talking of dates», he looked around to check if there was anyone, «do you want to join me for a swim?».

«A swim? In this cold? I think not», you said, frowning at his bad idea.

«No», he chuckled, «the prefects' bathroom».

«Oh, I keep forgetting you're a prefect», you smiled, «you're not a very good one».

Shrugging he waited for you to accept or decline his offer. You thought about saying yes. Feeling hurt you could need some... affection.

«Raincheck?», you asked, your voice soft. He looked down and then up at you again, and although he smiled he was disappointed.

«Raincheck», he confirmed, «another time». Nodding at him you watched him go back to the common room.

You sighed and glanced over at the staircase that would take you back down to him.

This is a new low for me, crawling back to him.

Making sure no one saw you you walked down to his door. Knocking softly you jumped out of the way as the door opened. Walking into his office you saw him sitting on the sofa with a book in his hands. «Did you forget something?», his deep voice filled the room.

«Yes», you murmured, «an apology». This made the professor look up at you, putting his book down.

«Go on», he said, positively surprised, and waited.

«I'm sorry for my language», you said, looking at the floor shyly.

«And?», he asked.

«For not listening to you», you didn't want to meet his gaze, already feeling ashamed for your behaviour and also for coming back.