36 • Falling Behind

Pike had invited you to hang out with them in the common room a couple of days later. Madam Pomfrey had started to get used to Scarlet and didn't mind looking after her.

They'd filled you in on the two years you'd been gone. Mostly about the short lived war. Luckily there hadn't been any casualties, only severe injuries at the worst. The Order of The Phoenix had just been too strong with the powerful Albus Dombledore as it's leader. And Harry Potter, the boy who lived, a maskot of light and love.

«Yeah, so he is in Azkaban», Pike said and sighed.

«Wait, who's in Azkaban?», you exlaimed.

«Blaise», he repeated himself. Your mouth fell open. «Yes, I know, it was a shock to us too», Pike added.

Your heart shattered for him. The innocent boy who'd wanted to become an astronomer, pushed into the darkness by none other than pride and prejudice.

«Draco's father too», Crabbe said, earning a smack from the white haired boy. You felt your body freeze. Looking at Draco you wondered how he felt. And how he hadn't been taken.

What about Professor Snape?

«They were both death eaters?», you exclaimed in fake surprise. Your reaction made Draco uncomfortable.

«Not so loud, please», Draco muttered, sighing as he looked around the room.

«Jesus», you murmured, «that's two dramatic years I've missed», you said.

«Yeah, so what have you been up to? You said your illness was.... Stupidity?», Pansy sneered with a smirk, loving how that had been your own words.

«I postponed my final year because I», you paused, «wasn't ready».

And definitely not ready to tell you the real truth.

«Not ready?», Draco asked curiously.

«No, I was dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress, it resulted in a lack of appetite», you said, which was a part of the truth after all.

«But you're feeling better now?», Pike asked.

«Yes», you smiled, the love for your child had healed many wounds since her birth.

«You didn't say what you've been up to though», Pansy pointed out. You laughed nervously.

«Soul searching», you said, sounding grown up. She rolled her eyes.

«I heard Jade and Theodore went to Sweden», Pike said to you.

«Yes, they're working together», you smiled, «with magical creatures».

You'd been exchanging letters with Jade over the years. You'd even gone over to Sweden to visit them. Scarlet had gone with you, and it had taken you several hours to tell her the truth. Well, most of it. Lucius Malfoy wasn't involved. Jade had asked many questions, and had been quiet for a while when you first told her who the father was. When she'd warmed up to it she had asked for cheeky details, to which you'd refused to share. Before you left Sweden she had told you that her and Theodore were to get married soon, which had made you extremely happy, and also a bit jealous. You'd told her to keep Scarlet's father a secret, at least until he himself was told. She'd agreed.

«I always knew she would», Draco said, opening a box of fudge flies, taking one out he handed the package to Goyle, who didn't share it further.

«I'm glad she did», you added.

-

You'd been back for a whole month already, which was almost the exact time you'd stayed last time. The strange thing was that this month had gone by in a whim, while at that time so much drama happened you felt like it lasted forever.