Bonus • Second Time

A/N: Let's go back in time as requested. This is long. Let's see Severin Prince be born.

But first...

Smut ahead.

-

«Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you», you sang, but your voice cracked and quickly your words formed into quiet laughter instead when you noticed how Severus' face fell. Scarlet continued the song, however, and you had to nudge the man to stop his dismay from shining a little too bright for her to see.

Severus folded and put the Daily Prophet he'd been peacefully reading on the table. Right next to a hot steaming mug of black coffee.

«Let her», you whispered into his mind, and was pleased to see how he forced a faint curl at the corner of his lips. «Thank you», you added and attempted to show him an image of the reward he would get in the evening if he could keep the mask up. This too calmed the dissatisfaction clouded in his dark eyes.

«Love you», Scarlet squealed and threw herself into her father's arms, before handing him a drawing she had made especially for his birthday.

Severus looked at the drawing and felt his throat begin to dry. You peeked over his shoulder and smiled.

«It's us», you pointed out and gave him a peck on the cheek, «she worked really hard on it». His eyes went to the small girl, whose hair had grown longer and whose eyes had so much life in them. They sparkled with the childlike wonder that Severus' had found foreign for almost as long as he could remember.

«Thank you», his dark voice said, causing the girl to let out a happy and hearty squeal as she turned to run down the hall towards her box of toys.

Once she'd gone, you pulled his chair out from the table enough so you could sit down in his lap. «I know you don't like birthdays», you said, only for him to let out a sigh and put the drawing on the table next to the newspaper, careful not to spill coffee on it.

«I sense a but», he murmured as he looked down at your rather large belly that was pressed between the two of you. He naturally placed his big palms against it, and for a moment you noticed a more genuine smile twitch at his lips as the little boy kicked against his father's hands.

«But please just let us show you just how loved and appreciated you are», you smiled and put your arms around his neck.

Keeping his hands on your bump, Severus looked into your eyes, «how are you feeling? Do you need anything?». He moved one of his hands to brush a strand of hair away from your face, before carefully returning it to your tummy in hopes of another kick.

Rolling your eyes at his concern, you gave him another smile, «don't you think about me today. It's your day».

«Nonsense», he hissed unexpectedly, «you're pregnant. That's more important».

«I am alright, Sev», you whispered and placed a kiss on his nose, «although I do very much look forward to getting him out of there. His kicking is getting quite strong».

Severus' gaze dipped down once more, and then he furrowed his eyebrows, «does it hurt you? Is that normal?»

«It's normal», you whispered and placed your hands on his cheeks, tilting his face up towards you, «he is just active, and that's much better than no activity at all. As long as he does not kick at my bladder too much, I'll be fine».

Severus hummed in understanding and snaked his arms around you, pulling you in for a hug, «if anything happens to you-»

«Then it would not be your fault», you interrupted him, knowing he would've taken the blame, «we have talked about this».