54 • Dark Sentiments

A/N: I'll be going away this weekend as well. So I don't know how frequent my updates will be. So here you go. The second one today.

**

You didn't sleep that night, and nor did you sleep the next night. He still wasn't back, but Shacklebolt wasn't either. McGonagall had tried to convince you that it was a good sign, as it would mean they were still out there.

Draco had come by your chambers when you didn't show up for class. But you had told him you didn't want to talk. As stubborn as that boy is he still stayed with you till you started crying, filling him in on how Bellatrix Lestrange had escaped Azkaban. Obviously you left out the part where his father also had, and how the both of them ended up kidnapping Scarlet. You did, however, let him know how Lestrange wanted to kill or hurt Snape, and that it terrified you.

McGonagall had tried her best to pop by your chambers inbetween her classes and other errands. She helped you with Scarlet and nagged you about doing your homework or going to class. Both of which you'd refused. She had reminded you of your duties to the school and to yourself if you wanted to graduate.

It didn't matter. Because why would that matter if he didn't come back? And if he did - you would just retake the year one more time and he would be there with you. Obviously he would have been disappointed to see you fail, but at this point that was the least of your concern.

Scarlet had been craving your attention more than she usually did, and you figured it was because of the emotional wall you'd built around you to stop yourself from flaking too much. You were extremely close to bursting into a fit of anger and sadness. Being aware of it you'd tried your best in showing her the love she deserved, but it took a lot of you to fake being happy when all you wanted was to bury yourself deep underground forever.

You'd been alone with her for two nights with McGonagall repeatedly checking in on you. Since you hadn't been sleeping or working Draco had made it his mission to at least get you some food. So at the current time he was attempting to convince you to bring Scarlet and join them for dinner in the Great Hall.

«I will not go», you said.

«Please, it'll take your mind off it for a second», he replied as he played with Scarlet, who was trying to balance herself while laying on top of a ball the size of a quaffle.

«His empty seat at the staff's table will only make me cry, and I can't explain myself to anyone», you muttered as you fidgeted with your duvet, the one you were laying beneath at the moment.

«Half the tables are filled with crying students because of exams», he chuckled, «they won't bother you».

You glanced at Scarlet, who seemed to be ecstatic that someone was playing with her. Her use of the word «no» had also escalated the days Snape had been gone, almost as if the tension around her affected her that way.

«If I do it», you said quietly, «it would be for her».

«Good idea, it would be nice for her», he said, hoping it was enough to convince you.

«Fine», you sighed.

-

Walking through those big doors to the Great Hall you didn't realise how it would look with Scarlet between the two of you. But at this point there were so many rumours as to where Scarlet originated from that you couldn't care less. Not one of those rumours were close to the truth. And the one that still burnt the brightest was that she was the daughter of Harry Potter. After your little Veritaserum moment though it seemed as if the boy himself and his group had calmed down.