68 • Murderous Machine

A/N: I find the mind of Severus Snape to be interesting and complex. I feel like we deserve a whole book about him from his creator (the woman who shall not be named).

Surely dating him wouldn't be easy.

**

Walking through the many corridors of the dungeons you were unsure whether you were going to be able to find the passageway. Last time you'd been down there Lucius Malfoy had been chasing you, and Snape had saved you. That same night you'd asked to stay with him.

You felt strange walking through them, realising your choice of running down there a little over two years ago had lead you to the safety of his bed, and later on given you the girl that sat on your hip. She was squealing due to her sleepiness.

Your lack of patience matched hers as you let out an irritated sigh. It didn't matter how many corners you turned by; you couldn't seem to find the way.

«Severus? Are you there?», you exclaimed, hoping no one else was spending their time down in the dark dungeons at the beginning of the holiday. Highly unlikely.

«So you got lost», the deep voice startled you as your favourite professor walked up to you, and past you.

«Yes, it's been years since-»

«Come on then», he motioned for you to follow him.

«How did you find us?», you asked.

«I heard Scarlet», he murmured.

«Why are you in a mood? Did I do something?»

He stopped, making you crash into him. «No, you didn't», he replied.

«Then tell me what's wrong», you said and sighed, «it's christmas, I want you to be happy».

Snape narrowed his eyes at you, as if he was considering his words carefully, «I had a meeting with Dumbledore».

«Okay, what happened?», you asked as you adjusted your grip on the toddler. She was definitely getting heavier.

«You said you didn't want to talk about the boy», he pointed out.

Your lips twitched into a frown, «just tell me».

«He will neither expell or transfer him, all I managed to do was get him suspended for two weeks», he said, the words came out of him as if he was disgusted by them. You sighed.

«Please just leave it, I don't want him to be the reason you're angry», you said, «I want us to have a nice time».

«Why aren't you the tiniest bit mad?»

«I am mad, and most of all I am sad», you exclaimed, Scarlet looked at you with tears in her eyes. She was too sleepy. «But I'm trying to ignore it so it doesn't ruin christmas», you added.

«Ignoring your feelings might come back to bite you», he replied, his voice monotone.

«That might be quite possible, Severus, but right now you're the only one who is biting my head off», you said.

The broody professor let his shoulders fall as his facial expression turned more tender, «I had-»

«No», you exclaimed, «I want you to drop it right now, we can't fix it at this moment. Let's revisit the whole thing once we're back». Snape raised his eyebrows, slightly taken aback by your obvious discontented state. Scarlet was crying by now too, «I'm sorry baby», you whispered and began rocking her to calm her.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, «let's go then». You rolled your eyes and followed the gloomy man.

When you eventually found the statue, the dark haired wizard said the password and let the two of you walk ahead. Scarlet was the only one making any noise as she whined in your arms. «Shh», you tried to rock her as well as you could whilst walking. Snape watched you intently and wondered what to say. Again, just a simple apology wasn't the obvious thing to him.