39 • Dragon Toy

Professor Snape pulled his boxers back on, not seeming as if he was in a rush, although the little girl's cute whines escalated into vicious cries. You heard him grind his teeth as he blinked repeatedly due to the noise hurting his ears.

«Just hold her», you said, reaching out to softly graze his hand. He hummed a reply and got up to walk in there.

Please Scarlet, just let him calm you.

You pulled the duvet up to your face and clutched it nervously, listening intently to hear if he succeeded.

In the other room Snape felt as if the amount of noise coming out of the little body in the crib could be compared to that of a mature mandrake root, once pulled out from the safety of the dirt. Though he could, on a good day, admit that this particular little... thing, was cute. Towering over the crib he wiped his hands on his thighs, before he lifted them as if he was heading into surgery. Lifting the child up he first held her out at arms length, scanning her squirming limbs and body he scrunched his nose. The volume of her cries lessened as her eyes, that dwelled with tears, managed to focus on the face before her.

«Mama», she mumbled as she let out another loud cry. Professor Snape felt rejected, stressed and sweaty, but was determined to try. He hoped you hadn't heard her as he put her on his chest like he had done the first time they met, and tried to rock her.

«Shh», he said through gritted teeth. The little girl kept screaming, and his stress grew with her. He tried humming, but he didn't know any songs. He tried to stroke her back, but the girl didn't seem to like it. «You have to sleep», he tried to whisper softly, but it came out more as a demand. Sighing he walked back into the other room, his eyebrows heavy in disappointment.

You saw the professor come out of the room with a crying toddler laying on his chest, screaming her face red. Immediately you got up, stumbling on the duvet as you approached the two. Based off of the expression of his face you weren't sure which one of them was the most unhappy. He gave her to you, and as the little girl sensed your presence her cries melted back into little whines as she desperately tried to calm her own breathing. Snape cleared his throat as he headed towards his clothes that lie in a pile by the bed, stopping him you grabbed his hand. «It was only your first try», you tried to reassure him. He gave you a groan in response as he pulled his hand out of yours. «Please stay», you whispered.

«I have to be back in the office by sunrise», he drawled.

«Just lie down with me till then», you suggested, desperation evident in your tone.

He didn't say anything. Waving his wand the sex soaked sheets changed themselves, and his clothes folded nicely on a chair. Smiling happily you joined him under the covers, placing Scarlet in the middle. He looked down at the sleeping child and shuffled away from her just a tad.

«You just need some bonding time with her, she'll take to you in a heartbeat I'm sure», you said, looking over at him, sensing that his defeat triggered something.

«Hmpfh», he groaned.

«Try at least», you pleaded, «pretty please, Professor».

Glancing at you he curved an eyebrow, «well, when you're asking so nicely, I suppose I'd give it a try», he said slowly.

«Why don't you look after her tomorrow while I go study in the library with the others?», you suggested.

«Studying on a weekend, huh? Impressive».

«Yes, so here's the thing», you started, «this very angry and sexy professor told me that I'm falling behind on my work».

«What do you think he'll do to you if you don't get better?», he asked, his husky voice making you clench your inner walls as a tingle rushed through you.