80 • Angel's Trumpet

Chapter 80, here we are. Who's still around?

Let's make this a longer update, to celebrate.

Smut ahead.

**

A couple of weeks had passed, and Dumbledore's words weighed heavily on your mind. Perhaps forgiving was easier than you'd thought, but you weren't sure how you'd forget.

Either way, you'd talked to Madam Pomfrey about Draco every now and then, to check in on his progress. But you'd stayed away from him, just to give the both of you some space.

Pomfrey wouldn't tell you too much though, obviously. It was the boy's life and the details private. But you'd learnt that he'd begun talking and sharing, which was already more than you'd expected from him. You'd also seen Pansy by his side a couple of times when you'd gone to fetch Scarlet.

You hoped she was giving him the support he needed. It still hadn't really dawned on you what had actually happened, nor the extents of it. He had really meant to end it all, and that felt surreal. Alas, the boy who'd many thought was a coward, turned out to be more doughty than anyone had ever given him credit to.

Perhaps... being given everything in life isn't the answer to happiness.

And maybe he wasn't given everything after all.

Snape had told you that Dumbledore had ordered all the professors' to give Draco his own homework, so he could catch up. That was the old Headmaster's deal for the boy to stay and not go home.

You knew Scarlet was happy to have Draco in the hospital wing, as she'd mentioned him a few times. It felt a bit strange knowing she was spending time with him, or being close at all. But you'd made an agreement with Madam Pomfrey that she would remove the toddler if he'd be anything but gentle, or if Draco's parents would visit.

Alas, they did not.

Over the course of the same weeks Snape had not acted on his stupid words of saying you'd spend less time together, but he had been busy the same way as before. However, Scarlet had begun to get used to it again, so she didn't cry as much. You, on the other hand, missed him, especially at night. Sleeping alone just didn't feel right anymore. Of course there was the occasional night where he'd slip into your bed in the middle of the night, whisper sweet nothings into your ear and leave by sunrise.

-

The last class of the day was Potions. You entered the classroom while talking to Pike and Goyle. Crabbe trailed behind you next to Millicent. Pansy walked in front, sporting a cold stare.

Potter had asked you just a few days prior about the situation, and surprisingly enough you'd shared some of it with him. It surprised you he cared about Draco's wellbeing, especially after how you'd all treated him throughout the years. His kindness was too much sometimes, and although you wouldn't admit to it out loud, he was a good listener.

He had also promised not to tell anyone, and thus far he had not.

Dumbledore, Madam Pomfrey and all the other professor's had agreed not to let the school know of the events that had led to Draco's time at the hospital wing. Only one student had witnessed it, besides you, and that student had been obliviated. Your friends knew, of course, but they all had agreed not to say a word.

Instead, the staff had said he was ill, and no one even batted an eye. It was almost the same thing they said when you left Hogwarts nearly three years ago.

«I heard from Pansy he is doing better», Pike said to you, and you nodded and smiled.

«I'm glad to hear that», you answered.