Bonus • Hospital Wing

A/N: A story that was never told and not mentioned again was a sentence in chapter 33. The moment Y/N is in the hospital wing for having fainted in the Great hall.

Madam Pomfrey mentions that someone is waiting to see Y/N, and wonders whether she should send them in. Y/N declines as she had only just been told she was pregnant.

But no one wondered who it was. Not even Y/N.

-

His heart was beating fast.

It palpitated, hammered and jumped.

Professor Snape stood in the corner by the door of the infirmary. Subtly hiding in the shadows he felt out of place. He didn't usually wait, nor did he accept such demands from anyone. But he respected Poppy.

The seconds he was stood there he went through the story he would have to tell. The story behind why he was there, why he seemed to care about the student's wellbeing. Because he didn't need them to assume he did.

As her Head of House I demand to know...

No. It wouldn't make much sense. He never did this.

He clenched his fists and stepped further into the corner. The students flocking by made him uncomfortable — even anxious.

For safety reasons I demand to know why...

It could work. Snape clenched his jaw and looked to the ground. He just wanted to know whether she was alright. Perhaps he could help. Maybe it was his fault. Had he missed anything?

«Severus», Poppy appeared by the door. Snape's eyes immediately shot towards the hospital beds behind her, through the small gap of the door. «Severus», she repeated.

He cleared his throat and returned the eye contact. «Yes?», he asked in a low drawl, hoping the witch couldn't hear his hammering heart, or notice how clammy his hands felt.

«She doesn't want any visitors, and she is allowed to decide so», Madam Pomfrey explained and examined the crinkle between the man's brows. Noticing how his eyes flickered to the room behind her again and again she let out a sigh and stepped out from the opening of the door, gently closing it behind her. His eyes once again returned to meet her gaze. «Did you need anything in particular? I will notify Albus like I usually do, Severus».

«As her Head of House», he began and then stopped abruptly, clenching his jaw, «for safety reasons I should need to know-»

Madam Pomfrey furrowed her eyebrows at first, but offered the man a soft smile, «she only fainted, Severus».

The professor nodded in understanding, «very well, then I expect her back in class as soon as possible. Let Miss Y/LN know exactly how to avoid such a pathetic disrupting stunt in the future», he hissed unexpectedly and turned on his heel to leave without letting his colleague reply.

Hoping she didn't notice his true concerns.

-

A/N: Let me know if there are any other scenarios you felt like you missed.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy my other two fanfics.