53 • Abandonment Issues

You hurried out of Dumbledore's office, with your heart beating violently in your chest you felt a shudder of cold flow through your body. Anxiety. Guilt.

Droplets of water silently rolled down your skin, both from your hair and clothes. Unknown to you, as your mind was rather occupied with the current situation, your body had started shaking. However, there was a good chance that came from your anxiety as well as finding yourself freezing cold.

You wanted to yell out his name. Just to stop him. But that man's long strides had probably taken him too far to be able to hear you already. And what would people think?

Running down the hall you quickly glanced down all the other corridors than the main one. But you had an inkling he wouldn't go anywhere but his own chambers. You almost slipped when you reached the staircase down to the dungeons, the lack of socks and shoes didn't exactly work in your favour, and especially not the fact that you were soaking wet still.

You mumbled some profanities under your breath as you regained your balance. Had you fallen you would've taken a bad hit, seeing as you had your hands occupied carrying your things.

Draco walked ahead, dripping wet. Had you not known why he was in that state you would've laughed at the sight of him. «Hey, did you see him?», you asked, your tone portraying the panic you were feeling.

«I didn't see him», he said awkwardly, «I'm sorry I got you into trouble again».

«Don't be sorry, I said yes, it's my own fault», you reassured him and ran off towards the staircase down to Snape's office. You made sure no one saw you before you almost took a tumble down the stairs.

This time the door didn't open on its own, and with your hands full you struggled to open it. Pulling on the heavy door you finally managed to get it open. «Severus?», you exclaimed as you walked into his office. He wasn't there, you dropped your stuff behind his desk, in case somebody were to come in it would've been bad had they seen your clothes dripping wet in your professor's office.

«Severus?», you exclaimed again, but there was no answer.

You reached for the door to his private chambers, but the door was locked. There was a chance he had gone somewhere else, but there was also a chance he had attempted to keep you locked out. He could be that petty. He probably was that petty.

«Alohomora», you whispered with your wand pointing to the door. It clicked open.

Pushing the door open you didn't see him anywhere. Scarlet's things were still laying around, as if he had left in a hurry, not bothering to clean up, which was not like him at all.

«Hello? Severus?», you asked, your voice breaking.

Did I just ruin everything?

The door to his bedroom was open, but the lights were off. Your lips were shivering at this point and goosebumps formed on your skin. The fabric of your shirt was now almost completely see through, and little droplets of water was running down your thighs from your wet underwear.

«Severus?», you tried one more time as you peeked into his bedroom. A dark figure stood by the window, leaning against the wall, at the end of the room. The gloomy light from the outside through the water of the lake gave off a blue shine against his black robes.

«I'm sorry», you said as you approached him. He didn't reply. When you got closer you touched his shoulder, «Severus, please», you pleaded quietly. He turned and when you noticed his tear stained cheeks you felt like crying. «I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to scare you», you said. He looked away. His gaze set on the sea creatures on the other side of the window.