4 • More Lies

«Someone were in his study?» Jade whisper-yelled as she stood up, surprise was evident in her eyes. She had been too in her own head to even notice that remark by Draco's father.

Draco, only just then realising that he had let you off the hook when he previously had tried to question you about it - looked over at you.

«You never told me how», he pointed out. Using his feelings from the embarrassing moment that had just happen to fuel his annoyance. «How did you end up in there?» he asked, again. His face was pale as he furrowed his eyebrows at you.

You had all eyes on you. Well, besides Theodore's, who had taken a beer and walked over to the window.

«I did tell you though, I accidentally apparated in there», you said, hoping to get away with it.

Jade laughed. «Wait, are you for real? Did you apparate in there? How embarrassing», she said inbetween laughs. «What did he say? Oh my god, you must have been dying inside. I know I would've. That was your first time meeting him too? Merlin!» Jade rambled, making you giggle.

«Yeah it was, you should've seen his face», you said, playing along.

Goyle had already finished his beer. He placed the empty bottle on the table. «Let's just drink, ey?» he said as he grabbed another. Crabbe nodded in agreement. Draco was awfully annoyed at this point as he slapped Goyle's arm, making him almost drop the bottle. «Hey! What did you do that for?».

«For being dumb», Draco sneered.

«What did I do?», Goyle asked, surprised.

Draco just shook his head.

«Y/N, I will not ask you again. How did you end up in there? Did you think about him or something?» Draco asked, anger now spread across his face. His demanding person reminding you of his father. You didn't understand where he was coming from, so desperate to know how.

«Why? Are you jealous?» you asked, crossing your arms over your chest. Jade's mouth fell open in shock, but she quickly smirked knowing the attention had suddenly gone back to a certain theme that Pansy weren't too fond of. She loved teasing her about her relationship with Draco.

It wasn't that you thought he really was jealous, it was more a way of again diverting the attention elsewhere - hoping no one would notice.

But come to think of it... What if that was the case?

Draco feeling his cheeks go warm denied it immediately, to Pansy's great relief.

Theodore looked at the rest of the group from his spot by the window as he took a sip of his drink.

«I suggest you children stop biggering now», he started, speaking slowly. He pointed out the window. «I have a better idea of what to do», he added.

You all turned to look at him.

«There's a big fucking maze in the garden behind your house, Draco. Why didn't you say?» he asked. «Let's try it».

«A maze?» Jade exclaimed and ran for the window. «Holy shit» she said.

«Oh, yeah, father was inspired by-», Draco tried to explain. Pansy tugged on his shirt with pleading eyes. «Let's do it Draco, come on», she said. He looked at her and sighed.

«Okay then», he said smirking, «let's!».

Maze?

Pike had the same thought as you as he put his drink on the table in realisation.

«Maze? Is that even safe?» he asked, slightly worried.

«You wuss», Crabbe said laughing. Goyle laughed too.

«Sure. It's just bushes, and they aren't charmed or anything», Draco explained. Pansy was hanging on to his arm.

«I'm in», you said, to Jade's surprise. She sent you a smile.

«Then I am too», she said and bit her bottom lip. Her competitiveness flourishing.

«It's decided then», Theodore remarked still looking out the window, taking another sip of his beer.

«Sure, I'll bring the drinks», Blaise said as he put the remaining beers into his bag again.

-

«So how did you do it?» Jade asked as she walked next to you down the grand staircase at the back of the manor. The air outside was crisp, but not too cold, although the summer was really at its end. The slight wind, however, gave you goosebumps as it danced over your skin.

Draco was walking way ahead of you, hand in hand with Pansy. You rolled your eyes at the sight of them.

«To be honest it really was an accident, I didn't mean to think of him as I was going to apparate», you said quietly. Theodore was walking behind you, keeping an eye on Jade. You had figured by the end of the last semester that there was something going on between the two, but you hadn't dared ask yet.

«So you did think of him?» Jade slapped your chest playfully, sniggering. You all kept walking. It was getting quite dark out, but there were a few lamp posts lined up by the path to the maze.

«Well, yes, but not in the way you're thinking», you said. 

«Then what?» she asked.

«I had reread Draco's letter and since he'd mentioned he would be home I guess that's what I thought about», you lied and shrugged.

They don't need to know that Mr. Malfoy angered me. That I was bitter solely because of his power at the Ministry.

«I don't understand why Draco made such a big deal out of it», you quickly added to avoid any further questions.

«He likes you», a voice said calmly from behind you. Theodore had another sip of beer.

You and Jade stopped in your tracks, looking at each other with the same exact expression on your face. Shock. «What?» you asked in unison.

Theodore's face didn't budge. He was a hard nut to crack, a face hard to read. «Yes», he said and stepped past you, taking Jade by the hand.

You stood still looking at them walk towards the maze. Jade looked back at you and giggled, probably even more amused than she were before. She could really tease Pansy now.

Draco likes me?