41 • Mind Games

Smut ahead.

**

Draco turned to look at the girl who was doing her best shoving a triangle piece into the squared shaped opening of her toy box.

«Snape's?», he sounded surprised.

«Please don't tell anyone».

Draco let you go and you immediately clutched your wrist. You walked away from him, just in case he still wanted an answer to his question you'd attempted to distract him from.

«How... what.. when did you.. I don't understand», he said as he glanced back at you, upon noticing that you looked scared he regretted his outburst. One of many he had had the last year. Unknown to anyone else he'd struggled a lot since the war.

«You don't need to understand», you said, your voice brittle, «but it's the truth».

«I'm sorry, I-», he stopped talking, feeling overwhelmed with emotions. Ashamed of his own behaviour he wondered if he really was any different from his father. Tears started swelling in his eyes and you furrowed your eyebrows in concern.

«Draco?»

He walked backwards and sat down on your bed as tears started rolling down his face. You didn't know what to do. «What's wrong?», you asked, your heart beating rapidly.

«I'm so sorry», he said. You walked over to him and sat down next to him. Scarlet sensed crying and turned to look at the boy who was sat on the bed with his face in his hands, elbows pressed up on his knees. She walked over to give him a teddybear. You thanked her and picked her up.

«It's okay», you replied as you touched his shoulder, «just tell me what's wrong». Scarlet sat on your lap and tried to touch the boy's face and pushed the teddybear into his lap. You took it from her and put it behind you. She frowned and whined, and you knew she would start crying too pretty soon. «Give me a second», you said as you dried your face with your sleeve. You warmed up a bottle for the little girl and went back to sit by him, while starting to feed her. It settled her whining. «What happened?», you asked softly.

«I can't tell you», he cried as he sat up and rested his head on your shoulder. You knew better than to ask any further as it started to dawn on you what he was talking about.

What happened to you?

«That's okay», you reassured him.

«Please forgive me, I shouldn't have..», he murmured as his sobs stiffled.

«Don't worry», you said.

«I'm just like him», he wiped his eyes, still resting his head on your shoulder. You tilted your head and rested it against his.

«You're not your father», you whispered as you stared blankly ahead.

Your father wouldn't ask for forgiveness.

«I hate him», he admitted in a low growl. You sighed.

«Hate is a strong word», you murmured.

There was silence.

«Let's talk about something else», Draco sat up and wiped his face, suddenly feeling embarrassed by his spiraling emotional outbursts.

«Like what?», you asked.

«How the hell did you and Snape..?», he asked, suddenly laughing through his sniffles. Still feeling shocked.

«Don't laugh», you said, feeling offended for a second, but then you started doing the same.