94 • Like Heaven

Lucius leaned against the wall, twirling the green rose without thorns between his long pale fingers.

Gripping the edges of the mattress, you were planted on the bed, observing the man in front of you whose presence you found confusing at this point. Like a forbidden fruit, or a piece of candy; a taste so sweet, but definitely not good for you. His involvement in your life suffered consequences beyond what you ever could've imagined when Snape warned you in the beginning of your seventh year.

At the same time, however, you knew that nothing would have happened between you and the potions professor had he never felt the urge to protect you from him.

«So?», you raised an eyebrow and glanced over at Snape, who stood tall just outside Scarlet's door.

The white haired wizard was looking down at the ground when his grey eyes found yours, «well», he paused, «considering I will be present more frequently in the foreseeable future», he cleared his throat, «I decided it necessary to offer you my request of peace». The last bit of his sentence came out in a sneer, almost as if he felt forced to say it. And in a way he was; this research position alongside Snape was his only way of winning back his potential trust from the Ministry officials.

You huffed, «peace? You put my daughter in danger and for that I will never forgive you». Snape was about to cut in, but you raised a hand in his direction, «no, wait». Usually he wouldn't have let you control him like that, but he found it wise to not anger you any further.

Standing up, you strode towards the senior Malfoy and peered into his eyes, «what do you want, Lucius?»

He clenched his jaw, but managed to keep the eye contact, «you, it's always been you», his silken voice spoke quietly. Lucius cleared his throat and side-eyed Snape. But the dark haired one didn't move, he just raised his head and observed the two of you.

«Then why steal my child?»

Lucius sighed, «I do not ask for forgiveness, only peace».

«And how can I trust you?», you asked and cocked an eyebrow as you crossed your arms over your chest. Lucius let out a grim chuckle and inclined his chin.

«You've both got my testicles in a twist, sweetheart», he pointed out and studied your facial features, «there is not much else I can offer». His words made Snape's lips curl into the faintest smug smile.

And while you considered your next words carefully Lucius took your hand and placed the rose within your grasp. Snape watched him with caution, his body tense by the touch. «And you were right, obviously», Lucius spoke in a whisper, not intending the other wizard to listen in, «about the lavender».

You sighed and looked down at the bright green rose, «and what exactly does peace entail?», you asked and ignored his subtle declaration of love.

The side of Lucius' thin lips curled upwards, «civilised conversations, and perhaps — uhm, well, that is entirely up to you. What I do ask though, is that you loosen that grip on my balls», he spoke and leaned closer to you, «I prefer them treated with soft fingertips and a wanting tongue».

«Enough», Snape hissed through gritted teeth, but you both ignored him.

«And do you consider this a civilised conversation?», you cocked an eyebrow.

«Sweetheart, I know what you like, it'll do you no good in pretending to be innocent now», Lucius stated and folded his hands behind his back. You couldn't fight the warmth and redness that flushed your cheeks, so you just sighed.

«I have one condition, and if you can grant me it — then I will accept your peace offering», you said.

He seemed surprised, «go on».