91 • Headless Chicken

A/N: Sorry this was a slow update. Busy week and a lack of creativity washed over me.

Smut ahead.

**

Present time.

Weeks had passed since Scarlet's poisoning, and she had slowly regained her energy. Hagrid had checked in on her several times, but Snape still struggled to forgive the man. You, on the other hand, had tried to reassure the giant it hadn't been his fault.

Dumbledore had been bugging Snape for an answer on the job offer, but the potions professor had refused to give him one yet.

Apparently sticking one's cock in the mouth of someone you were suddenly supposed to work with complicated things. That is without counting how the man had kidnapped your child and attacked you in a maze.

Regrettably, the old headmaster had summoned the potions professor to his office once again - this time with the intent of procuring the man's signature, pledging him to the research position alongside the senior Malfoy.

And to make matters worse, Snape had been summoned fairly early a friday morning, interrupting the time of day the potions professor loved the most. Namely, his alone time with you, where he relished in the peace and quiet.

You heeded his apprehension of leaving his chambers, and so you ran your fingertips down the lengths of his arm and kissed his shoulder. Laying next to him, you supported yourself on your elbow and continued tracing his skin with featherlike touches. And once you reached his chin you gently held him and turned his face towards you, forcing eyecontact.

«Severus, you can say no», you said to him softly, offering him a reassuring smile. The older wizard let out a deep sigh and wrapped his hand around your wrist, gently tracing his thumb against your velvety smooth skin.

«There is a multitude of elements to consider, darling», he murmured and looked into your eyes.

«I guess», you replied, «but isn't the main issue here Lu-»

Snape groaned and pulled the duvet over his head, muttering words that were inaudible to you. A smirk threatened to form across your lips as you bit your lip and pulled the duvet up just a bit, peering down at him. «Did you not like when he-»

«Y/N», he warned in a low hiss, «sometimes silence is the best option».

«I'm just teasing», you whispered.

He sighed, «I'm not in the mood».

You furrowed your eyebrows and put the duvet down and looked around the room as your mind raced with thoughts. «I have a solution», you proposed and lifted the duvet again, meeting his dark solemn eyes.

«You do?», his deep voice asked. Snape pulled the duvet down and ran his fingers over his face sleepily. You smiled and settled yourself between his legs, the professor raised an eyebrow. And as you grabbed onto the hem of his boxers, the man gripped your wrists, «this is your solution?»

You nodded, «well, yeah? It's a stress relief».

The man sighed and pulled your hands up to his face, leaving a soft gentle kiss on each one. «I appreciate it, but not right now», he said dryly.

You narrowed your eyes suspiciously and yanked one of your hands free, pressing your wrist to his forehead.

«What are you doing?», Snape asked tunelessly.

«Checking if you have a fever», you teased, causing him to purse his lips and stare at you pointedly.

«I'm not sick», he stated in a cold drawl, letting go of your other hand. You climbed off of him and watched as he moved to sit by the edge of the bed.