20 • Little Birds

It was time for the Hogsmeade weekend.

You'd used the last couple of days to pretend as if nothing had happened. Absolutely nothing. Luckily, it worked. You had desperately needed a break, and to lay low.

Mr. Malfoy had been busy roaming the halls, talking to the Ministry and tailing the Headmaster. You'd noticed his stare a few times, but that was it. If he had regretted snarling at Snape, you wouldn't know - he seemed completely unbothered. It wasn't easy to get a second with him alone, so you hadn't been able to talk to him about it. On the other hand you didn't know if you wanted to, or even needed to. However, for the time being you'd decided to leave it be. Partly because you needed time to think, but also because you felt bad.

Kissing Draco had felt right, somehow. And in that moment you'd felt normal. But that was all it was; just a moment. Once you'd both left the girls' dormitory that day you hadn't talked about it. Jade luckily hadn't either, despite her love for teasing Pansy. Still, you felt as if he wasn't ignoring you anymore. That was a win on its own.

Professor Snape, on the other hand, seemed more chatty than normal during detention. But didn't mention the long haired Malfoy again. He mostly told you about potions, so detention felt more like private tutoring than anything else. And you really didn't mind. It helped keep your mind off things.

-

«What's the plan?», Pike asked, his body slumped into one of the leather sofas in the Slytherin common room. Jade lifted a finger to her mouth, attempting a signal of silence. Pike widened his eyes, mouthing «what?» as he didn't feel like he had said anything bad... yet.

Blaise leaned closer to the group, held out his hands and raised his eyebrows, eager to explain his plan, «so», he started. Once again Jade put her finger up. He rolled his eyes. «No one is listening», he whispered to her. Students were scattered around the room in different groups, all of them talking loudly.

«Fine», she muttered.

Blaise got back to it, «so», he looked at all of you. Sitting in a circle were you, Draco, Pansy, Jade, Theodore, Pike, Crabbe and Goyle. «Theodore and I will buy the fire whiskey while we're there tomorrow. Each of us can't buy more than two bottles without raising suspicion», he explained.

«Wait a minute», Jade held up her hand, «is this a 'boys only' plan? Y/N and I are old enough too», she sneered.

«I have other plans for you, okay? Just listen», he growled annoyingly.

«Ugh, fine», she sat back into her seat and crossed her arms over her chest. Theodore poked her ribs, with no other reason than to annoy her further. «I will kill you if you don't stop», she barked at him. He smiled smugly and winked, making her blush.

«The plan is to get like four bottles, and if they don't let us buy firewhiskey we'll just get something else», he continued, having everyone's attention. «The real job here is to take it back to school without anyone knowing», he pointed out.

«And how do you plan on doing that?», you asked, «Professor Snape, Filch and representatives of the Ministry will be around, I think I heard someone mention Professor McGonagall too. I swear that lady sees everything».

«This is where you and Jade come in», Blaise said and smirked, «I need you to convince the weasel twins to teach you about the secret passageways». You and Jade raised your eyebrows in bewilderment.

«I overheard Potter and his friends talking about it, apparently those twins know their way around», Draco said. He was sat next to Pansy, his legs crossed, one arm resting along the back of the sofa and the other on the sofa arm. His tie was loosened and hanging freely around his neck on top of his white uniform shirt.