Bink's Sake.

These scenes aren't matched with the movie or anime and the plot of the some scenes are slightly different than both. I don't own One Piece.

Luffy and Uta continue their pirate training as Uta is encouraging a race between her and Luffy in paddling. Rather than boats, they used barrels and old oars that were laying around. Both children weren't the greatest swimmers so the idea of paddling out to sea was pretty daring, but it didn't stop the two. Luffy and Uta hop in their respective barrels and hoist their paddle.

"Are you ready, Luffy?" Uta asks.

"Yup." Luffy answers.

Both children lean down and Uta begins to count down.

"On your mark...get set...GO!"

The children started to row with all their might and paddled into the bay. Despite their lack of sailing knowledge, the best they could come up with is racing. As a pirate, Uta claims she has more experience than Luffy. However, ever since she ate the Song Song Fruit, Shanks has limited her time being alone in the ocean without supervision. Still, this doesn't mean Uta can't row up a storm and Luffy has the stamina to keep up with her. The children, whose minds are focused on outspending each other, didn't notice how far out they were paddling out.

"I'm sure I'm faster than you." Luffy huffs.

"No, I'm faster!" Uta yells back.

Luffy and Uta pass and fall behind each other constantly making it impossible to tell who has the upper hand. Then, a large rock came into view giving the children an idea.

"Whoever gets to the rock first wins!" Luffy declares.

"Sounds good!" Uta agrees.

Their spirits burned as they had a goal the children paddle with all their might.

"I'll be the winner!" screams the two.

As the paddle closer to the rock, the details of the rock begin to look clearer. Upon closer look, the rock looks smooth and has an usual sail attached to it. Not only that, but it seems to be moving. The rock slowly rose from the water and the kids slowly looked up. The 'rock' was actually the head of a Sea King.

"Wha?!"

Luffy recognized this beast as the 'Lord of the Coast' which is the Sea King that lives in the Foosha Village bay. The children try to paddle against their own momentum frantically to avoid the sea serpent. With enough power, the two quickly paddle the opposite direction, away from the monster.

"Why are you turning back, Luffy?!" Uta asks, screaming. "The race is not over yet!"

"You too, Uta." Luffy yells back. "Are you scared?!"

"No way!"

"Neither am I!"

The two stopped paddling and halted. Breathing heavily, the two look back to see how much distance they got between them and the sea monster.

Grrr...

Luffy and Uta's mouth drops as the monster's head looms above them. It seems to be angry at them.

"NOOOOOO!!"

The two quickly resume paddling to safety while the Lord of the Coast watches angrily. Eventually, the two reach the shoreline and lay on the ground exhausted.

"I...got to the shore...first." Luffy said.

"No...I did." Uta responds.

It was still midday and the two weren't finished in the least, despite their exhaustion from earlier. However, Uta wanted to do something a little less crazy. Uta goes to get some paper and pencils from the Red Haired Pirate's ship to bring back to Luffy. She and Luffy sit on an outdoor table with the drawing materials before them.