Uta vs The Gale Pirates.

For those who participated in the poll, thank you and I would like to welcome you all to what I call the 'Path To Fame' arc. I don't own One Piece.

~One year since the destruction of Elegia...

"Uta! It's time to eat!"

"Coming Gordon!"

A year has passed since the fall of Elegia and Uta is now eleven years old. During the course of the year, Gordon has been teaching Uta about music theory so she can expand her knowledge on the basics before focusing on singing. However this past week, Uta has been focusing n a different project. Uta is trying to build a rowboat. Having to rely on a old guidebook, the toll and patience that Uta is going through is mentally exhausting. Especially with making the hundreds of mistakes while building the thing. Despite Uta's response, she continues to hammer nails into boat near the shore. Gordon was used to Uta ignoring him once she becomes too focused, so he goes to get her.

"Are you still building that boat?" Gordon asks as he walks towards Uta who's in her gray working clothes. "How many failed attempts does this make? Five?"

"Are you calling this a failed attempt?" Uta asks angrily. "How do you know this one failed?"

"It's finished, isn't it?" Gordon asks, glancing at the rickety looking boat. "Put it in the water."

Uta looks at the boat and is hesitant. She has been nailing the same loose plank for about an hour. Otherwise, she made sure all other holes were covered with duct tape. Uta looks at Gordon who's crossing his arms and staring. Uta lets out a heavy sigh and she shoves the boat into the water and to her and Gordon's surprise, the boat floats!

"See!" Uta cheers "I knew I could do it!"

CREEeeaaa...

All of the sudden, the boat suddenly splits in half and begins to sink in the water. The pair just stares as Uta's sixth boat sinks to where the other failed attempts are. The diva turns around and faces one of the old buildings.

"RAH!"

Uta smashes her fist into the wooden wall which causes the entire wall to crack. Alongside taking music theory lessons, Uta has also gone through her own training regimen. Her newfound strength allows her to heave a twenty kilo rock and throw it to a fair distance. She has also tried spear training, but doesn't have much to learn from so she just swings it around clumsily. Uta can't tell if her haki has improved at all, which is bugging her, but music is her main focus.

"C'mon, let's go eat." Gordon said as he walked back. "I've made sandwiches."

"Fine." Uta grumbles as she walks behind Gordon.

Once back at their homestead, Uta and Gordon went to the dining room and began to eat their lunch peacefully. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are times where the pair can relax and unwind and treat it as such.

"Gordon, can we work on singing?" Uta asks.

"You want to know all you can, right?" Gordon asks. "Then finish the entire course of music theory first!"

"How long will that take?" Uta asks with a groan.

"Another year." Gordon answers. "All the great musicians before you took the same path. Don't rush, Uta."

Uta sighs heavily, but doesn't argue with the former king. Uta finishes her food and begins to walk to her room.

"Uta, lessons at three." Gordon calls out. "Try not to be late this time."

"Yeah, yeah." Uta said as she walked to her room.

Is she going through that phase? Gordon asks himself as he sips his tea.