Until Next Time!

New chapter! Remember when I said I'll make them around 2.5k? Now, a 3.5k word count is considered short. Man, I'm inconsistent with the lengths of my chapters. What happened to me? I don't own One Piece.

"HAH?!"

"You're awake."

Uta looks around to see where she is. She tries to get up, but all of the sudden her entire body feels heavy and she slumps back to the ground.

"You're tough, but try not to get up so fast."

Uta looks to her side and sees Portgas D. Ace, Luffy's brother, next to her all roughed up. Uta then remembers what has happened. She fought against Ace and lost. Her head felt unusually light and she went up to touch her ears. She then remembers that her headphones broke and she tosses them aside.  Ace has taken the time to patch her all of the cuts, bruises, and burns so she didn't have much pain. Ace also has quite the number of wrappings on him too and the cut on his chest is the one that stood out the most. Uta lets out a sigh of defeat and she looks at her clothes and sees that they're burnt and in tatters.

"Well, this sucks." Uta said, laying on the ground. "Not only did I lose, but my belongings were destroyed."

"Sorry." Ace apologizes.

"It's fine." Uta said. "I have more on the ship."

"I see." Ace said.

Uta looks over to see Ace and is surprised at the state he's in.

"You good?" Uta asks cockily. "You took quite the pounding."

"Are you in any state to say that?" Ace asks back. "I mean, you're more banged up than me."

"Hey, I would naturally get burnt and bruised from someone of your caliber." Uta countered. "But, I bet you didn't expect such a fight from me."

"That's true." Ace said as he winced from the pain. "I almost had to go all out since your haki is something else. On that note, I'm surprised you can use conqueror's haki. I only seen about three people who can use that sort type."

"Is it that rare?" Uta asks. "I don't fight outsiders often since I spar solely with my crew."

"I have been told that one in several million can use it!" Ace said excitedly. "If you can use it, that means you have the quality of a king!"

"EH?!" Uta screams in shock. "Seriously? One in several million?! A king?!"

This was all new news to Uta as she had to learn to successfully control her conqueror haki on her own on a whim. She had to practice on using animals and random enemies who invaded Elegia. Unlike the other two haki she can use, she only knows of it through a single textbook page and even the information of that was useless.

No, I remember. Uta thought as she thought back. If one can use it, it means they have a title of royalty. So that's what it means.

"I can use it too by the way." Ace said excitedly. "Pops has that ability and so does your father."

"Shanks can use this type of haki?" Uta asks.

"Yeah, although I've never seen him use it." Ace admits. "I've heard from pop's that the Four Emperors can all use it, but I've never seen the other two so I can't confirm. Apparently Roger could also use it."

"The Four Emperors." Uta mutters. "Never really cared about them and don't have any intention to mess with them."

"Regardless of what you choose, the fact you have this gift means you can only get stronger from here." Ace said.

"I'm already plenty strong so that's reassuring." Uta laughs. "I need to be strong in order to face that fiend, Tot Musica."

"I will hate to have to fight you in the future." Ace said. "Fighting you before was hard enough."