𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

*Slap*

"You useless piece of crap!!" The man in his forties lowered down his hand after printing a red handprint on her left cheek. watching her tiny weeping figure with furious gaze. No sympathy or emotion evident in his eyes, exact opposite of the girl in front of him.

"So-Sorry dad-" Her plea went unnoticed as he threw the marksheet hard on her face making her close her eyes and backed away, flinching. The marksheet has beautiful marks above ninety in almost all subjects except one where eighty five was pasted.

The reason for the hard slap.

"Stop crying." Another slap printed on her cheeks. "Crying, crying, crying!! Why are you crying? Can't you do anything else?" He shouted on her face, almost raising his hand once again. But this time he didn't slap her, instead he grabbed her hair tightly, his anger escalating.

She flinched back when he jerked her hair, a burning sensation run through her scalp to entire head. Clenching teeth at her expression, he harshly released his grip on her hair, turning back and stomping out of the room. Ignoring the fresh tear that just slipped from her eyes.

despite her hard work, her efforts that she put everyday to impress her father. She still feels like she didn't inches away from where she was once and it makes her depressed more and more.

She wiped off tears from her face and picked her mark sheet before heading towards the her room in that luxurious apartment.

After locking her door she slide down almost loosing balance, her back facing the door. Looking down to the carpet with lost eyes, she pulled her knees to her chest. Plopping her head on her knees and started crying again.

"I'm sorry- I-I'm sorry. Please I don't wanna stay here. I-I'm coming to you Mum." Sobbing and mumbling to herself, she cried for a lil few minutes before standing up and pulling a bag from under her bed.

She harshly wiped the tears away that making her eyesight slightly blurry, she huffed like a child before stuffing some clothes inside her black bag, mumbling to herself.

"I-I'm running away." She took off her school uniform and pulled out a hoodie from the nearby cupboard. getting a matching color shorts, gently pushed the chain inside her hoodie given by her mother where her name was crafted, in her fourteenth b'day, she slipped on her boots before picking up her phone which was laying on the bed.

She found her mother's contact on the phone and started typing furiously, repeating the words afterwards she's typing on the phone. "Mum. I'm. coming to. you. in a. few. hours." After typing the message, as soon as she was about to press the send button, the electricity in her room went out, almost making the phone slip from her hands.

She placed one of her hand on her chest and other clutching her phone tightly, she sigh. She looked back at her phone and pressed the send button but sulk when she saw that the message was not sent due to network issue.

She sulk again and pushed the phone inside her short's pocket deciding to send the note later after she quitely and carefully made it out of this house.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She was glad that her father wasn't there when she ran away from her house but it didn't long lived when she witness the empty street of Tokyo which always filled with people. Her mind went for a time to evacuation drill that might have been imposed in Tokyo today, which she had no idea about but she didn't remember anything.

Even if it's evacuation drill she didn't felt it right. She did not hear the sound of anything from anywhere, there was only the sound of her footsteps and nothing else. She wanted to go to train station so that she could go to her mother but that idea didn't last long when she found no one on the way.

Tears welled up in her eyes while she mindlessly walk in the search of any living being. Each and every passing second was making her hopes and desires to see someone deeper. She even scared to shout for anyone here in the silent creepy place in thoughts that no-one will reply to her.

And who knows, she was heard by someone who didn't mean to listen her.

It's almost creepy here without any soul, like the whole japan disappear and now her own presence seems to scare her. In the end she came to conclusion that no-one gone anywhere but it's her that somehow came to a different place that signify exactly her place, a mirror world?

———————————

Edited

(A/n- Yo, my bad if I made it sound confusing when I mentioned the necklace on her 14th b'day. I didn't really think about it 'cause I didn't give more deets about her age. In those mature stories, peeps usually assume MC is above 17.. But nah, the necklace was actually given to her back in the day when she turned 14. It ain't her current age, ya feel me? "She is mature." (Kinda😅)