𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 27

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"We got six of clubs, two of spades, six of spades, four of diamonds and two of clubs." You heard woman in black, Mira's voice bloom, almost professionally. To which your eyes automatically nerrowed and lips forming a frown. Even her mere sultry voice is enough to sear the pain through your veins.

She came forward holding few cards on right hand and something like journal on other hand. When her eyes meet yours, you send extra hateful glares towards her way to which she just gave her infamous fake smile back.

"So far we haven't confirmed existence of any face card." She placed the cards in front of hatter on table and took empty seat beside the same dangerous man that you've encountered on your first day here.

Shivering at the awful memory. You tilted your head to the said man and not so surprisingly he was staring at you with a smirk adorning his lips. You'll make sure that you stay far away from this black and white giraffe after that blonde cat and woman in black.

"There is no face card then that means only the ten of hearts remain." It was man in specs.

"It never appeared in any game yet." Mira said and you and Arisu turned your head at the same time to see the picture of 10 hearts on the wall.

"Maybe there's a reason why it didn't appear yet." The smart woman that you know is smart from your first meeting, spoke.

"There is no game arena found outside the Tokyo." — Man in Specs.

"That means we haven't searched far enough-"

That smart woman started but interrupted by Hatter. "We aren't changing our strategy. Search for other game arena in Tokyo will continue. Keep an eye on your visa's expiration and 10 of hearts. My visa needs to be replenish soon." He said the last sentence with not much of excitement as others just give shrug.

And who will gave a fuck, as much as you know all the people standing here in this room don't care about each other, they only care about themselves, care about their life and their own comfort, except Arisu.

They have nothing to do with each other, they are just going with flow by standing at higher rank'd side to get out of this borderland, as fast as possible.

"Respectfully there's a way to earn visa." Mira said and shut her journal with a soft thud sound, which quietly gain Hatter's interest as he leaned forward, hands clasp together and elbow resting on the table. "A heart game is a game that plays with people's heart. If we got someone who don't mind dying, then you surely survive." You saw as she side eyed glance at yout way. Indicating that whatever she is going to say next won't be anything good for you or Arisu. "Arisu and Y/n cleared the game of seven and nine of hearts. I guess if they can do it then anyone can do it."

'Knew it.'

The words she used is sounds so simple and mocking but only you and Arisu can tell what the meaning behind her words and whom it dedicated to.

"Y/n, Arisu the player of hearts. Can you give us some advice?" Hatter asked raising his hand towards both of your direction. His words too, felt like arrow. Describing how you killed your friends and how you're the reason of your closed ones death is a very barbarous way to ask for help. It's most likely they want you to recall those distressing memory that was even hard to think about, like it was as easy as explaining a theory in science class.

'He even have nerves to laugh after scraping our wound, asshole.'

It won't be that horrendous for you but your friend, Arisu, you know it's all in all different case for him.

"There's no way to predict when may a heart game appear. On that we only find out what the game is after registration closes." — Smart woman.

"True, although the theory of possibilities may help with the arena." The man in specs started, soon after the smart woman finished her theory.

"I don't need pretentious theories." Hatter growled and slammed his hand on the table glaring at the man in specs. "I'll participate in next game. I don't give a damn if it's a heart or a spade." He stood up making his way towards that big wall with pictures of cards. "I can clear them all and be there when the ten of hearts game appear. The cards on the table, the day of our departure is near." He turn back to face the higher ranks around the table. "Executives I'm counting on you to look after the beach when I'm away." This tells that how cocky and overconfident this person is, leaving you shockingly stare at this crazy man.

You knew that everyone here are crazy and psychopathic, but totally losing your mind and thinking that it's a kids game is no no in your dictionary. You wish that you have this kind of confidence in yourself, but here it is.

"Meeting adjourned!!"