𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 8

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

When you said that it's no use to try to start any machanical item then you were right. But these people still had to try in vain.

After useless attempts to start some cars on the way, boys got tired. Right now you're with Karube and with Arakawa's sister whose name you came to know is Shibuki. Helping her find something for cooking, something that's out of your hand.

"All right, it's gonna be my weapon." Karube said pointing to the kitchen knife that he picked from the one of the stall.

"What you need a weapon for? What're you going to fight against?" Shibuki asked as she looked up to face Karube, where you stood too. Your eyes flicked to Shibuki then Karube.

"Zombies" Replied Karube, to which she laughed off. You also took out your knife, showing it to them.

"And it can kill humans too." You said, without an ounce of emotion looking at her, indicating that this line was especially made for her and making her smile drop.

"..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I feel alive." You heard Chōta said, as you all were feasting on your meal. A variety of cans of food, frozen food and cans of beer were placed in front of you. A proper meal if you say so.

"What you guys were doing when everyone disappear?" Shibuki asked, as you looked at her with full mouth. You looked back again at your food and continued on eating not bothering to answer her.

"Bathroom, we were in bathroom." — Arisu.

"In same stall." — Chōta added.

"What were you doing in same stall?" Shibuki asked, as the boys dodge that question and asked about her. As she replied with some common office work excuse. And you said excuse cuz you knew she was lying when she took more than enough time and her eyes didn't met with anyone's while she replied.

"What about you Y/n? How did you get here." Asked Chōta and all four pairs of eyes looked at you. Making you feel nervous again. You didn't raised your head to meet anyone when you replied.

"I was in my room. Preparing to run away from home." You said quietly but enough for everyone to hear. Their confusion was expected but you didn't want to tell them why, so you added one more thing. "Don't ask me why." They didn't pushed further and you all ate in silence for a moment before the chit-chat session started again.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Things going well between you and the others, You're not right if you say that. Whenever you're near them, things remain awkward and uncomfortable.

You obviously did agreed to come with others but with certain conditions that you made to yourself. first one is that you not gonna accompany them in any games. You don't want to use them or them to use you in anyways. It'll be hard to watch them dying after having a lil meal together.

Second condition says that no attachment. obviously in death and alive game you all played together but putting your trust on them that soon is out of question. Who knows They'll do the same thing, boys look decent but who knows, for eachother they'll sacrifice you. And about Arakawa's sister- means Shibuki, she's in your 'stay far away from it' list.

"let's just get in the game tomorrow night just the two of us." you halted on your place when you heard Karube's voice.

"Huh? We still got three days visa." — Arisu.

"it's better to get in the game when we still have time. if we don't find out how to get through this game then we won't able to protect Chōta."

"That's right, but-"

"Then I'm joining you." You said, coming behind from pillar where you were hiding, looking at both faces. "I know more about this game than you two and want to learn more." They looked at you then back at each other.

You stood beside them, leaning on the railing, not meeting their eyes and looking down. You don't know why did you decide to join them and help out but maybe it has something to do with the determination they're showing to protect their friend. Their presence tells that they're not bad at all, at least that's what you'd like to think. You can't judge someone so soon, not after Arakawa's case.

"The game we've gone through was game of team battle. And there're three other types, Spades is a physical game, diamonds known for test of wits and hearts, the worst category, It's  a game of betrayal that messes with emotions."

"How long have you been here." — Karube.

"Nine."

"Huh? nine days? How many days have you played the game to know all that?" — Arisu.

"Just one game, nine days ago. I learned it from one of the player who had been here long enough on my first day here."

"Where is he now?" — Karube.

"Dead."

"..."

They again looked at you then back at eachother maybe thinking what you thought them to be thinking. So you sigh, knowing it's not their fault, anyone would think the same.

You don't want to recall those homicidal memories, let alone explain it.

"That was my first game. Like you guys, I was also very confused and scared too. My first game was in a big science research lab, that was Game of Hearts. cruel isn't it? I found a man there who told me a lot about the game, who gave me company, who took my side, who saved me many times just to use me as a scapegoat in the end."

It was in that moment of absolute stillness the only soft sounds you could hear was the sound of your own breath. The rumble of traffic was absent so it was clear to even make a lil noise. In those frozen seconds you sigh again and continued.

"I had no idea what it would bring until everyone started dying infront of my eyes. And the person I thought I could trust was the main culprit behind that all. I could not understand even after understanding everything. It's not his fault tho, it was mine to blindly trust him when he clearly warned me not to trust anyone. I was the reason he died, if I would've just gone in his place then-"

"Was it my fault that I killed him? That I didn't want to let him ruin another life knowing that I can't even save someone by myself." You looked at them, this time meeting their eyes, you asked.