𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 1

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
        𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞       
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Sobbing while burying your face on your knees, that crunched upto your chest. You were wailing continuously for past four hours yet your tears didn't seems to stop. You're scared, you're cold, you're hungry but more than that you're missing your mother.

You were sitting on the top floor of a mall that almost looks like abandoned, looking  through the big glass wall of the mall, that was giving you clear and all-over view of the empty city. The sun is on its way to go down and it'll not take much time for it to be evening.

And that's what you're afraid of.

Being alone is too much enough but being alone in darkness is too much to take, when you're afraid of dark. And it doesn't look like there'll be electricity here at any moment, in this condition where you don't know what to do.

You've never been out of the house until today, let alone, all alone. Your father is a well-known business man. There are many servants in your house who are always ready to do your work every moment, so ready that you haven't even learned how to make tea.

Your father's status is too much of hassle that he hasn't allowed you to do any work on your own. It's never been about you, it's all about your father. Thousands of classes, work on time, healthy and boring food, everything that needed to make you a perfect human being, just like him, which you never wanted to be.

And now you're paying for it, Your mind is running at rocket speed, you know what to do but you don't know how to.

It's useless if you don't even know how to do.

Suddenly you shut your eyes closed, by the bright light coming on the ad screen of the building opposite to where you sat, almost making you blind.

The screen showing a massage, about welcoming the players and to start a game. "A game, huh?" You mumble to yourself, getting on your feet and making your way to the glass wall of the mall.

You pressed both your plams against it and leaned curiously. Then the wording changed.

"This way to the game arena." It said with a arrow pointing towards left side from where you were standing. You turn your head only to see another white light glowing towards the direction where it points.

"There must be someone there." A smile slowly stretched up on your lips as you slowly mumble. Eyes sparkling in hope, that was in form of white light. You rushed to the stairs, slinging your bag over your shoulder you almost stumbled on the steps.

One part of your was excited and another part was nervous. Excited because you gonna witness another soul here after a distressing day but, you could ask questions as much as you want that roaming around your head and if you're lucky enough, you might make few friends or get some companies for the first time for real.

And nervous about what if you found someone you might regret meeting, like thug or murderer. What if you, you already a poor girl, get rob by thugs, or even worst, rape? What if you found no one there? But the main problem is, would they even want to be your friend? Will they give you company in this now nowhere place. Are you going to be alone for the rest of your time here?

There are lots of cons than pros but the lil hope that was glowing inside you made it all clear and with that you finally arrived to the game arena.

"Woah" You whisper softly. Taking the view of the huge research center infront of you. It must be at least more than 10 floors higher. You were standing there for few minutes contemplating whether to go in or not. Nervously biting your lips, you took a deep breath and forced your feet inside.

There were twenty people in total, six girls, now seven including you and rest are males standing inside at the entrance where many phones were kept on a table with a note. "One per person."

You walked towards them and heard ding sound in the main entrance, you focused for a sec before shrugging your shoulder. Getting some information is your main priority right now. You looked at the people around you, some of them giving you off vibes, some seems scared and some just calmly stood but anyone can tell that how nervous they were just by looking at them.

You awkwardly made your way towards the pair of girls and tried to ask what's happening or anything that could lead you ahead, but nothing. No one made any attempt to answer you, some shrugged and some were too scary to even approach.

After few attempts, finding no use to talk to them you sigh and  made your way back to the main entrance. Slowly walking, but when you were about to cross the entrance line a hand came from nowhere and gently pushed you back inside.

Again a ting sound echoed in your ears same as when you entered. Your frown as nervously looked up to witness a man in suit coming from in front of you. Were you so lost that you didn't saw a man coming in?

"You're new here." He said more like stating than questioning. You nod as he gave you an unusual look. He sigh and took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from his pocket. He lit up a cigarette and put it in his mouth, he then took out a second cigarette and threw it behind him.

Making your eyes widened at the next moment.

All of a sudden, something like a small lazer beam appear and you saw a hole and a little smoke was coming out of it. Your brows frown again as you looked at the man again in expectations.

"The players who once entered the borderline can't leave, until the game finishes or their existence or the same thing will happen to you." He explained and your eyes widen. You looked back at the entrance and saw everyone looking at you with unsure expression.

Thus you realise, your eyes widen in realisation. 'They were waiting for me to cross the line'