𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 24

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Your eyes also fell on the direction he was looking at and you saw a huge, bulk samurai, different from other samurai's you've encounter before.

'The fuck is this?'

Your eyes didn't left his figure as he made his way towards the boy, whose arm is now gone

Your eyes didn't left his figure as he made his way towards the boy, whose arm is now gone. The boy was crawling back on the floor. Mirage pain clearly present in his eyes, defenceless, unprotected, scared and alone.

You swallow your own fear to expand the chances of not getting weak, to become the life savior he deserve. It's now only you three, you can't lost after coming this far. You can't see anymore death, knowing that you can still save him.

Just a lil bravery, either it'll kill you or it'll kill this hunter infront of you but if you don't do anything right now, it'll definitely kill the boy who helped you coming this far.

You manage to lift up your leg with a sigh, slowly but surely making your way towards them. Planning something in your mind.

Previously you noticed that if this cosplayer goes for one person then it won't look at other before killing the first one. That was also one of the reason why you guys made this far. Basically Till now you used to be the scapegoat when that boy kill them.

You won't mind being one unless you die but basically he saved your and Mira's life, so you're gonna back up this time? Obviously you're scared, but mumma raised no pussy, so you gonna save him and get outta here.

"What're you up to?" You heard a monotonous voice, getting your attention. You frown, halting on your place for sec before turning back, meeting eyes with hers.

"What're you referring to? Aren't you gonna help him?" You voiced in disbelief. You know where this is heading to. You know exactly what she mean, but don't want to accept it. You fought to keep yourself empathic even as every terrible thing you had predicted came true.

Here no one care for others except themselves and you've seen that already. Your past is proof, that a person can be more deadly then this game when it comes to save themselves.

For you, that's the betrayal, that lack of willingness to atleast try and save someone who saved you, to recall the moment he fought for you despite how much of a jerk he was.

"There are two kinds of people in this world darling. One who save lives, and other who take lives. And I'm the one who save lives by taking lives?" You don't believe her words, how much it holds selfishness, it wasn't new for you either. Before that you've encounter the exact situation her words hold but listening it from her it's thrilling and it almost made you think at her prospective.

"You're sick." You said through clenched teeth, glaring at her. Your eyes red and started forming tears slowly which didn't bother her that much.

"You better obey me in this one." She abruptly grabbed your arms dragging you towards the supposed exit door. While struggling, you looked back at now at the boy who is still alive as death nearing him. He was in pain but there was no fear manifested in his eyes.

"Let me go!!!" You desperately plead as if she have held you close and plunged the knife in deeper even as she whisper sweet nothings - that's self preservation, survival and a wise action but cruel and inhumanly.

You managed to tear away from her grasp somehow, turning back and about to run towards him but-

"DON'T!!" He shouted, raising his hand towards your way, stopping you. His voice didn't register on your mind and was about to ask when he started again. His face, also dripping with sweat, is twisted into a grim expression of uncertainty and what appears to be anguish.  "I fought for you not to risk your life but because I want you to live. Thank me by not dying and I'm sorry for being a jerk to you." He again stopped, taking in deep breath. You knows that this boy will go down in few but here he is still holding on for last minute of it, why? Just so that he can  express his last wordings.

Why he needs to do that? Why'd he needs to sacrifice himself for a stranger like you who just met him because of some stupid death games? Does you really worth it? Does he have no one else to live on? If yes then why? Why'd he need to do it and make you feel more miserably, more selfish, more helpless?

"I don't know any other way to not to get attached more to the girl I like. It was a stupid decision, I know, but never thought it would be our last meeting." He said, crawling back more as his breathing slowly started hitching. Even if the hunter doesn't kill him, he will still be die because of blood loss and his words was enough to push you in pit of grief. Why does he needs to be one? You should have died in his place so that it didn't become that painful to bear.

It feels like you're loosing your lover or someone really close you've got to in lil spam of time. It was same feeling, that you felt when you got separated from your mother in that fully filled court of people. You cried and cried that day, but it didn't went through the ears of your father who forcefully took you away from your happiness, from your mother.

"Sorry for that, please don't hate me. I don't wanna left my bad image in your mind." Ignoring the fact that he stopped crawling back and now stopped figure of the hunter just infront of him, slowly raising his sword in the air, your heart accelerate. "Please remember me even as a annoying pest, because I know that is what brings my soul comfort in these trials of age and I can rest in peace. I-I lo-"

He stopped, the sword stuck right in between his chest, he didn't even got to complete his words. Every second in this rooms now feels heavy, your feets feels heavy. The person you once thought as same as others is now gone after proving you wrong.

It was remorse, guilt that you're feeling right now. Your affliction is genetic. It was always the same you watched them suffer, die then cry. It's different for your mother, she didn't suffer that much because how strong minded she was, she didn't hesitate to leave your father when things started to go bad way from your father's side and you wish you wasn't sympathetic to others either. That annoye you sometimes.

You felt the same slender hand wrapped around your arms, but this time it wasn't as cold as before nor warm, infact it didn't radiate any temperature, it was numb.

Dragging you outta there, outta that hell hole, outta from that hunter's sight, outta from the boy

who saved you.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(A/n- Being honest, take a bat, smash on my head for not uploading on time. I don't have any reason to give, cuz there wasn't any. I just got lazy 🦥 and the extra college work got me really hard, so.... yeah, but I don't promise that I'll upload regularly but I'll try, that's a promise.)

So, Stay awake....