𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 20

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 '𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞'
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"A new game arena has been found in shinagawa ward!!" You heard someone shouted from crowd as You, Usagi and Arisu made your way towards the main hall behind everyone.

Everyone gathered there in the hall so it was completely filled with people. They were cheering, they were kind of happy and you don't know the reason why. Oh come on, they might die playing a game.

It could be that they are so confidence on themselves that they think they will clear any game or it could be that they live their life fully and its enough or it could be that they don't even care if they die. You can't understand the way of their living.

They'll were chanting of the name 'Hatter' looking at a particular direction, your eyes too, automatically followed theirs and landed on balcony.

You saw as four familiar figures came to your sight followed by few boys behind. Hatter was in mid, walking slowly and standing infront like a main attention. your eyes nerrowed at the crowd who fell silent at his single gestures. 

"My comrades." He started, looking down at the crowd. "tonight brings us a new challenge. My people never back down once, this challenge is war against fear...." And so on, he talked about how they all are gonna play and win cards to go back to the real world, he partially pumped up the people for the game and crowd started cheering once again after his speech ended.

You were given piece of papers where numbers written there. You soon came to know that it's the number that marked for you. You, Usagi and Arisu got different numbers that means you gonna play separate this time and it was rotten luck for you.

If you die in the game you won't be able to say any final words to your friends, you won't be able to see their faces last time. No one gonna find your dead body. It's.... cruel.

"So this is what we're now? An army to collect Cards, huh?" You heard Arisu commented, making you look towards him then back to your paper piece with same feeling.

"We've been separated into different games." Usagi said and look down at you, grabbing your hand and getting your attention. You slowly moved your eyes from the piece of paper to Usagi. "You'll gonna be fine by yourself, will ya?" She asked.

"I'll be." You smile at her, a fake one at that, she don't need to know anyways that how freaking you are from inside. You don't want to make her worry, vice versa to Arisu.

She caged you in a tight hug, her chest pressed against your head, arms around your waist as she squeezed your figure against her, so afraid to leave you.

She was scared, really really scared, it's gonna be first time that she let you alone for time being after your friendship, well it's more than that for her and her being scared is normal. She don't want to lose the person she started  to catch feelings.

That was the only thing running through her mind and forget that she's squeezing you and at this point you started feeling suffocated because of the tight grip she is having around you which is getting tighter and tighter by the seconds.

Arisu saw your discomfort and harshly peeled off Usagi from you. She looked down at the floor in embarrassment. "You better be here unscratched." She said, not looking at anyone of you, before leaving you and Arisu alone.

For a moment you think to grab her wrist and stop her, tell her that you will be fine when you even don't know that you be fine or not, so you just let her leave, promising yourself that you'll say sorry once you come back, if you could.

You turn back to Arisu smiling as a last gesture of telling you are going. But his next word made you confused. "I am sorry I'm no  exception then Usagi." Then suddenly he too caged you in a tight grip making you gasped, burying his face on your neck. His hands were on your hip, lightly squeezing them as his breath tickle your skin creating a slight intimate moment. "I want to have a peaceful dinner with you alone, just you and me, so you must survive, got it?" He mumble against your skin, not caring about anyone see you both.

He was too scared that you'll not going to come back and the reason he's living for gonna snatched away from him just like his friends. It was hard after Karub and Chōta's death but somehow he told himself that there is still one more thing that keeping him alive, you. There's no chance he's gonna live without you.

He kissed you near your lips and abruptly backed away leaving the room, and not looking back, living you standing there stun.

Shaking your head you brought yourself back to reality and with a sigh you too made your way outta that big hall, unaware of the pairs of eyes who were watching all this.

"So... she's the one." A girl with black dreadlocked hair pulled back in a ponytail said to the same boy in white hoodie and blond hair. A fake cigarette in her mouth and she's wearing a navy blue bikini swimsuit.

She leaned against the wall behind him, looking at the direction where you left.

"Yeah." He replied shortly, not turning back to look at her.

"And what about those two? They seems close to her." She asked again hoping for a long answer this time.

"They were in the same game as us, I didn't knew about the girl but she seems close to that boy. Maybe we can use them, they'll fit into the plan." He replied, still looking at the direction she leave.

"I don't think that girl can be useful. I can tell just by looking at her how naive and frail she could be." The girl commented, taking an eye to her.

"That's where you're wrong." He said, making her look at him with frown, darted her eyes back at his skull. "Don't judge a book by it's cover, she's player of 9 hearts."

The girl's eyes lil widen as she again looked back the way where you left, in amusement. It was hard for her to believe that a small figured girl who look like she just born yesterday can clear a game of 9 of hearts.

Game of hearts, most brutal and rarest game. A game of manipulation, sacrifice, betrayal, just one’s single will to live. It's a game without a doubt are commonly agreed by players to be the hardest and most malicious suit. Many of the harder Hearts games also forbid violence, so that players can only progress forward through manipulation and psychology, and not by sheer force. There'll be strongest of strongest needed to play this game to bear anything.

"Queen of hearts you say." She hummed, lips forming a smile as she again looked at the back of his head. She said something that brought frown to his expression less face in a bad way.

"Guess you didn't get only two competitors then."