𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 13

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The boy laying on the ground opened his eyes. His body was exhausted, he looked around his surrounding only to find a girl with her temporarily made tent and some equipment.

She was reading some books, she looked at him when she realized that he's awaken. She put down a cup of water and bowl of food beside him, not exactly bowl tho, and placed the other bowl in front of her, pressing her palms together before thanking for food.

"Why'd you save me?" The boy asked not looking at her, not even touching the food but soon enough his tummy protest for food making things lil awkward.

"Your body says it wants to live." She replying, answering his question.

"It wants to live? Everyone's dead.  I.. don't deserves to live. Why I'm still alive?!! I wanna die!!! I will die." He started throwing tantrum remembering the past dreadful events that happened to him. It's even pain to think that he lost his friends to some games.

The friends who had been always with him. He think he is the reason why they are dead.

"You wanna die? then what about her?" She pointed her thumb towards her small tent making the boy frown in confusion. "She didn't think twice before accompanying your unconscious body in that harsh rain. How selfish can you be? If you think you don't have a reason to live, then make her one."

The deep frown still present on his forehead until it's faded away and he rush toward that small tent, watching carefully his steps as he slowly moved the cover of tent to see a small figure laying inside it, a blanket drapped over her figure and her clothes seems changed.

"I-I thought I was dreaming." He mumble to himself as he carefully watched the sleeping figure. He gently held her hand, almost dropping it because of the temperature he felt from the body.

"She is still unconscious." The girl said after watching the boy's reaction. "She seems to get fever and her wound on her leg doing no good at all." She elaborated, remembering that time she held her body to pick up only to found her temperature low. Her fragile figure clicked something inside her as it was hard to leave the girl behind.

She remember how gentle and careful she was with the girl than the boy as if she is made out of glass and could be broke anytime if she didn't handled with care.

She snapped out of her thought when she heard the boy shouting for the girl desperately, holding her figure close to his making the girl annoy for a moment. "She still need rest, don't bother her." She said tried not to sound too harsh.

Her voice got his attention and he slowly let the girl's figure down on the warm blanket. He properly tugged her body inside the blanket not even a hole to pass air inside. He layed beside her, outside the tent still clutching her hand in his, making the girl who was halfway completed with her food, sigh.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Everything was black, it's either you are in some dark room where there is no light or it's your eyes closed. You felt your body exhausted and burning. It was suffocating, suddenly you felt a cold touch on your burning skin, relaxing you a bit.

You were getting in your sense slowly. That cold touch is now soft cold touch. It trace down your forehead to your cheeks then to your lips then again back to your forehead.

Your body moved a little as you slowly blink your eyes opened. Your vision was unfocused and there was a figure hovering over you, it was blurry. Again you blinked rapidly and finally focus your gaze on the person in front of you.

It was a girl, her hand was placed on your forehead. When you fully open your eyes she retreated her hand back slowly and sat beside you. She was a familiar figure in your memory.

You looked around the tent you were in then back at the girl. Your throat felt dry and it hurts when you open your mouth. Watching you struggle to speak, the girl stood up and walked away somewhere, after some seconds coming back with a cup in her hand.

She made you sit and gently held the back of your head, she placed the cup near your lips urging you to drink some water. You gladly took few sips and moved your head away once you done.

"Your body temperature still hasn't dropped. You need medicines." She mumble to herself and place the cup away.

"Are you the one who brought me here? Where is Arisu? the boy who was with me?" You ask in your hoarse voice, the first thing that came to your mind and Arisu was one of them.

"I just talked to him, He's fine don't worry about him." She nodded her head and stood up again now going to other direction and coming back after few seconds. She placed the small saucepan which had food and refill the cup. "I'm gonna go looking for meds but you have to eat something before you take them."

With that she stood up and made towards the entrance but you stopped her on her way making her turned around to face you. "Thank you so much for everything." You smiled making her blink, before clearing her throat.

"I should be one thanking you." She said and walked away from there in fast foot steps leaving you confused.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You guys got games to play. Especially Y/n. It's the last day for her visa." Usagi said, and both her and Arisu looked at you. Their eyes scanned yours then down to your leg so does your eyes.

You looked at your leg and touched your wound gently. Tracing it with your fingertips, you spoke. "I don't think I can make it. It's even hard to stand-up on my own." You mumble, disappointingly eying you wound.

"Does that mean you gonna give up?" Arisu asked, searching for your eyes. Worried look plasted on his face. "I won't let you."

"You aren't understanding. Even if I agree to play, I'm just gonna burden you guys more. It's better without me." You meet his eyes, trying to convince him.

"I said I won't let you." He came to you, gently taking your hand in his, he held it tightly. "Don't worry, I'm here with you." He said, repeating the same word that you said to him when he was unconscious. Making you lil shock befor it turned to sad smile.

"Thanks."