𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 2

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
9 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

'They were waiting for me to cross the line' or 'they don't even care if I die.' You thought in disbelief and looked back at the man with pleading eyes. He glared at you before shrugging and throwing the half burned cigarette on the ground, crushing it under his feet.

"Don't look at them like that. You can't rely on someone here except yourself." He said and you both made your way towards the entrance again. But it's still feel so cruel to you that nobody thought to tell you anything, it's about your life. Does a human life not matter at all?

"This place, where you're right now is called Borderland where the only way to survive is to play games and earn lives." The man said beside you as he picked up a phone from table, so did you.

Phone in your hand automatically light up with a note. "face recognition in process please be the moment." Your eyes light up but soon dulled when you saw it has no network neither any call functions.

'What's the point of having a phone then?'

Phone ting and a mechanical voice spoke out. "Please wait for the game to commence. Ten minutes until registration closes. there are currently 22 participant."

"Are we seriously going to play some deadly games to earn lives?" You nervously looked at the man who gave you side eye before leaning on the wall behind him. You were scared and you don't care if someone judge you for it, it's not some kids game. You're in some deep trouble and this people here are in no position to judge you after doing that to you.

"I think we got some time there, why don't we chit chat a bit." You stood in front of him, looking at him with expected and scared eyes. He started again. "As you know their are total four shapes represent playing cards: Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades. each shape represent something." He looked at you then again light up a cigarette, holding it to his mouth.

"Diamonds that are beaten through logic and rationality. Spades means for Games of physical strength or endurance. Clubs Games either focusing on cooperating work, or games that combine aspects of all three other types. And last but not least." He again looked at you, giving you another scary yet anticipated look, making your stomach twist more in expectations. "Games of heart, that play with participant's heart. Well it's also decides if the player will win or not, the numbers on the playing cards indicate how difficult the game is."

"Registration is now closed. The game will now commence. The game Lie and die. Difficulty nine of hearts." As that machanical voice pause, the man besides you looked at you and the back at his phone. "It's great I'm gonna rest for nine days." He mumbled out but you made it what he said so you looked at him again, confused.