𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 31

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

A brand new day came knocking on your Door Well actually knocking on your door making you groan, turn around in the warmth of your matress and snuggle on your blanket.

You hummed and smiled when the blanket wrapped itself around yo- Blanket? You groan again, tried to open your eyes as you heard the sound of door opening and closing followed by light foot steps. It was quite for a moment befor the curtains of the window pulled off, letting the bright lights entered your room.

"Were you drunk too Y/n?" Monotonus voice of Usagi rang through your ears as you fluttered your eyes open. Founding her standing in front of you and an another arm around you. Her empty eyes went to the person beside you making you too, match the direction of her eyes.

"Five more minutes N/n." He mumble tightning his grasp on you making you gasp and pull off from him, sitting up while still his hands lazily around you.

"You might need it" She handed you a glass of water with some pills making you cheeks red in realisation and you were still, too embarrassed to look at her. She waited staring at your hunged down head. "Usagi." You said and were about to lift your hand until you realise that snuggle Bear still hugging you closer to his bare chest. He snuggle more into your stomach when you tried to lift up. You found that somehow you are wearing his tee which is quite big for you.

Watching you struggle, Usagi tsked and came forward to tear you away from Arisu. Placing the glass and pills on the table nearby she easily lifted you up like you weight nothing, giving a last disgusting scowl to groaning Arisu. She sat on the chair placing you on her lap, just like a mother made her child sit on her lap.

Mother's sweet gaure towards her child.

It took you by surprise, but not much for you to resist, in fact you found it quite heartwarming, almost reminded you of your mother. She made you swallow your pills before checking on you.

She placed her hand on your lower stomach but earn a hiss from you as she retreat her hand back slightly worried for your well being also making the boy who was watching the intrection lazily, widen his eyes. Almost falling off from bed while he stumble towards you. Kneeling down next to you, gently holding your hand, The girl on whose lap you were sitting grunted softly, but ignoring her annoyance, he looked at you with concern.

"W-what happened to you?" He asked innocently as he looked at your form with puppy eyes and parted lips, reminding you of a kid who accidentally crushed his mini toy car under his feet.

"What do you think happened to her." Usagi hissed through her teeth, side eying the boy on his knees. Who then again opened his lips to say something but no words came out of his lips.

"U-Usagi." You whispered, getting her attention, you looked at her with those big puppy eyes as she turned to face you. You tried to suppress the atmosphere rising around you. "I'm sorry it's not entirely his fault. You don't need to worry about me." Well, it worked because when it landed on you her eyes softened and you knew it would work. She hung her head down for a moment before meeting your eyes once again. She ran her hand on your cheeks earning a disbelief stare from Arisu who didn't said anything but his expression said it all. Like an edger dog he was poking Usagi's hand, telling that he want her hand away from you, which she merely shrug. "Guess Hatter took a liking on you both." She said, looking at her hand which is still running on your cheeks. She paused and looked into your eyes, resuming the sentence which was left. "You better be careful, the militants have their eyes on both of you, especially you Y/n" her gentle gaze turned into a serious one, as the last part left her lips.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You were walking, more like taking steps. Exhausted from all the questionaries that you've gone through and get no clear reasonable response from people. It sucks. Arisu and Usagi, next to you, are going through the same pain. "It was no use, instead I got more headache." Usagi expressed, locking her hands with you, drawing you closer to her.

"So it's like our only hope are playing cards." He said, taking glances towards your way time to time.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Counting your steps, you came out of the building. As time goes by, you get more and more frustrated with not getting any information, so does your two friends- Well one friend and one you don't know what to call.

After that time you didn't raise the topic. You don't know how you want to address it, obviously it was your choice but you don't know how Arisu feels about it. He was drunk.
And you feel it was your fault and what if Arisu didn't say anything because he didn't want to make you feel bad?

'That could be a reason.'

"We're heading to annex basement, hope you'll take care of yourself." Usagi said, catching your as well as Arisu's attention as he turned to face her. A confusing yet knowing look on his face.

"What do you mean by 'we'?" He asked, brows raised looking at her then again darting his eyes on you, then at her hand which was holding you. "Y/n is goin' with me." He snatched your hand from her, holding you like he was protecting you from some kind of danger, like Usagi is some kind of danger and Usagi in return gave him a look of disbelief as if asking 'you sure about that?'

"Usagi." You called, getting the attention of the girl who was about to spat something unexpected at the boy. Giving hee a pleading look. "I think it's better if I follow Arisu for now, I have something to talk to him about."

Where Arisu was relieved that finally he gets to spend some time alone with you 'according to him' after a long time, Usagi on the other hand is contemplating whether to force you away from him or simply obey your request.

For her the first option was a wrong call but the second option was beyond that wrong call. Still, after thinking for a moment, she let it slip and reluctantly went back on her way, making you sigh.

'Sometimes they act like kids.'