Chapter 2: Soccer practice

Pov y/n 

"Now pair up in two." Our coach calls and I make eye contact with Yelena, who already walks towards me.

We get a ball and start to pass it back and forth between us while slowly moving over the field.
We have soccer practice right now and it's the first one of this semester and a week before we have tryouts for new players.

Yelena and I tried out on our first semester and both got in, which surprised me a little, since we didn't play soccer until high school but apparently, we are good enough to make it into the team.

I am honestly pretty glad though because it is a lot of fun and a good balance to all the classes and homework and stuff. Besides, it's the one constant thing in college for me.
The team is really nice and we all get along great.

We are just women on the team, which may lead to the believe, that we play softer than the men but if you really think that, you haven't seen us play yet. All of us can get really competitive during a game and we are not hesitant to jump in front of a ball to catch it with our body.

I'm not saying we're brutal but I also can't deny that I've come home with bruises all over my legs or arms multiple times.

Since we are not in a game right now, it is pretty calm and we're just doing some warm ups because it would be unfair to decide every position without considering the new women who will join the team after try outs.

"What's been on your mind all day?" Yelena asks and passes me the ball. I run a few steps before passing it back.

"Nothing in particular." I say and watch her kick the ball into the goal before getting it out again and starting to move again.

"You know, you can't lie to me. I can tell when you do so, always." She points out with a little grin and I smile a little.

"Alright. You know how I started that new class today?" I start and she hums and nods.
"Well, I also got a new teacher along with the new class."

Yelena looks at me with raised eyebrows. "Yeah, no shit."
I chuckle a bit but feel my cheeks warm up a little.

"She looks really beautiful and ever since this morning, she's been on my mind." I admit and watch Yelena nod, shortly looking up to me before concentrating back on the ball. She has a teasing grin on her face.

"Has someone a crush on her teacher?" She asks teasingly and I press my lips together before I answer.

"I think so." I admit and Yelena looks at me surprised, not expecting my answer and kicking the ball into the completely wrong direction. I give her a short glare before jogging after the ball and returning with it.

"You're crushing on your teacher?" She asks, almost in a hushed tone. I blush again but nod, I really think I do.

"Wow, that's big, even for you." She says but chuckles a bit and I huff a little with a grin.

"The cashier in that store really was pretty and very cute." I defend my last crush over the summer, that Yelena didn't hear the end of.

I may have only seen that girl one time and only for five minutes but for the rest of the summer, I couldn't stop blabbering about her to Yelena.
Too bad, we were on the road and the gas station wasn't close to our final destination. Yelena chuckles.

"So, tell me about her." She says and I glance around to make sure that no one is listening before a little smile forms on my lips.

"Well, I don't really know a lot about her, since I only had one lecture so far, but she has red hair, that is a bit longer than her shoulders, her eyes are green, a really beautiful shade may I add. Her smile and laugh are both also beautiful, even though she doesn't smile very often, most of the time she is concentrated on the lesson.

She wore an elegant outfit today, that interestingly enough consisted out of a leather blazer and jeans. I've never seen a leather blazer before, but anyways. She wore high heels and can even walk in them. Her voice has this slight rasp but honestly, that's pretty sexy and when she said my name, it had the slightest hint of a Russian pronunciation, even though she doesn't have an accent at all." I end and Yelena snickers a little, letting me kick the ball into the next goal.

"So, what I'm hearing is that you'll write an autobiography about her soon?" She teases and I playfully shove her shoulder, which she just grins at.

"That would mean I'd have to know more about her life and all of that." I say and Yelena wiggles her eyebrows a little.

"That's your mission for the next class then? Or are you going old school and stalk her?"
I roll my eyes playfully at her.

"Neither one or both, who knows." I grin and Yelena shakes her head with a little laugh.

"Something about her seemed familiar though, I just have no clue why. It's as if I've seen her before but I don't remember when or where." I tell her and she looks at me and by the sparkle in her eyes, I know there's a new joke coming.

"Maybe in your dreams?" She asks and I stick my tongue out at her.
"Or is that about to come? Will I hear you moaning out her name in your sleep?"

My face turns red and I glance around to see if anyone heard that comment but everyone seems occupied.
"That only happened one time." I point out and Yelena laughs.
"Besides, I am still wondering why you were up in the middle of the night."

Yelena shrugs. "I don't even know anymore but it was worth it. Too bad, you and her never worked out."

"She was very nice but I am not sure a long-distance relationship would have worked, especially not oversea." I sigh and remember the girl I dated for a few weeks in my first semester here.

Yelena nods, agreeing with me and for a while we pass the ball in silence before the coach calls us together for some shooting training, to warm up our goalie and ourselves.
Around twenty minutes later, training is over and I empty my water bottle, since the sun came out the last couple of minutes and it got really hot.

"Hey, you two." Kate greets us and I smile at her.

"Peter asked if we would be up for a game night with him, Ned and MJ. I said, I'll ask you two after practice." She says and her eyes dart from me to Yelena, smiling.

"Sure, it's always fun to get together, especially when MJ joins us in teasing him." I answer and Yelena chuckles next to me. "When does he want to do it?"

"Friday night." Kate replies and looks back to me.

"Sounds good. We'll bring some snacks." Yelena says and I nod, agreeing with her answer.

"Cool, I'll see you then." Kate says, smiling at us before going to her own bag. I watch her walk away before throwing my bag over my shoulder and following Yelena off the field and towards our small, shared apartment.

"So, back to your teacher crush..." She says and I hum, waiting for her to continue. "Do you know how old she is?"

I think about it but there was nothing that told me about her age, so I shake my head.

"But apart from the age difference, she's my teacher." I say and sigh a little.

"You're still going to look at her with those heart eyes of yours?" Yelena asks.

"Of course." I laugh. "But I don't have heart eyes for her."

"Not yet, at least." She teases and I nudge her shoulder.

The good thing about Yelena is, that I don't have to worry that she'll tell anyone else because she's always been loyal to me and never spilled a single secret that I told her, not even when we were fighting.
But I also never spilled any of her secrets and knowing I can tell her anything, without being judged, is just a great feeling. I'm very glad I have her as my best friend.

A/n: How do we feel about Yelena?
Honestly, I had a lot of fun writing her and her comments XD

Okay, about the upload schedule. I have two ideas. Either on the days I don't upload my Scarlett story or once or twice a week on certain days. What do you think?

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3