Chapter 36: Dinner

Pov y/n

Dad greeted me with a hug and when Mom got up to go to the kitchen, she also hugged me.
Now it’s just Wanda, Natasha and me. I try not to seem nervous but of course, Wanda catches it but understands it a little differently.

“Why so nervous, y/n?” She asks and for a second my heart drops to my stomach, thinking she figured it out.
“Does she still make you nervous?” She adds and now I’m just glaring at her. I glance over at Natasha who looks amused.

“Why still?” She asks and looks from me to Wanda.
I glare at Wanda, who doesn’t care.
She may be my sister and love me but she won’t ever let a chance go by when it comes to teasing me, sibling love I guess.

“When we were working at the bakery, and y/n was like nine or ten, she used to come every day after school, do you remember?” She starts and I just wanna shut her up, blushing already.

Nat nods and looks at me before looking back at Wanda. She doesn’t smirk but I can see in her eyes that she would if the situation was different.

“That wasn’t because it smelled so good or because she liked being there. She had a crush on you and wanted to see you every day.” Wanda says, grinning at me and a smile tugs on Nat’s lips.
My cheeks are flushed and I wish I could disappear into the couch and hide.

“Is that true?” Natasha asks and I see her eyes sparkling at me.
I know denying it won’t convince her, so I nod, shooting another glare at Wanda, who just snickers.

“That’s kind of cute through.” Natasha says and I look at her, unsure what to say. A tiny smirk is on her lips and she enjoys this a lot but her eyes still hold softness.

I have nothing to reply to that, at least nothing that wouldn’t make this less awkward for me. Well, it’s not exactly awkward, it’s just that I know Nat will tease me with it as well.

“Right? Sometimes, when I tugged her in, she would tell me how she wished that-“ I am quick to put my hand over Wanda’s mouth. She giggles and Nat also looks very amused.

“I think we don’t need to dig deeper here.” I say, my cheeks never stopped flushing.

“It is entertaining though.” Wanda says as I take my hand from her mouth and I roll my eyes at her at which she just puts an arm around me.

“Wanda, sweetie, could you set the table?” Mom calls from the kitchen and Wanda gets up.

“Coming, Mom.” She calls back and leaves us, not without winking.

“It’s almost as if she wanted us to start something.” I muter a little and catch Nat smirking.

“So, you had a crush on me when you were younger?” She asks and wiggles her eyebrows. I groan and fall back into the sofa.
“No.” I say and she laughs.

“I think it’s cute. You just knew what was good when you were younger.” She grins and I playfully roll my eyes at her.
“Oh, shut up.”

Her eyes sparkle in delight.
“Tell me, what did you tell Wanda at night, when she tugged you in?” She digs deeper and I hate that my cheeks are flushing pink again.
“Nothing important.” I mumble.

“That can’t be true, otherwise you wouldn’t be as red as you are right now.” She teases and I curse my sister for giving my secret girlfriend this opportunity. Well, not really but you know.

“Did you have thoughts about me?” Natasha asks, her eyes staying on mine after glancing around, and she puts her hand on my knee.
I press my lips together, determined not to give her that piece of information. My eyes stay on the doorway, just in case I see someone coming.