Chapter 5: Rainy nights

Pov Natasha

I know exactly what she was studying for but it would be kinda creepy to just say that and also to admit that I heard her and Jess make plans for studying together.

Honestly, I was surprised to see y/n alone because I thought Jess would be with her but she went home earlier. I can't deny that this makes me weirdly glad because the whole evening over, I felt this slight annoyance inside me at the thought of y/n and Jess studying together.
Sure, Jess is a good student and everything, but she can also be quite flirty and I don't like that at all. Just the thought of her flirting with the girl in front of me makes me annoyed again.

"For your class." Y/n answers and smiles a little shyly. She seems a little nervous to be here, I just can't tell if it's a good kind of nervous, or a bad kind. But I couldn't help myself but invite her into my office. I am aware that she is an adult and doesn't need to be taken care of but I really don't like the thought of her being out there with the thunderstorm right above us.

"How did it go?" I ask.

"Well, my notes make way more sense now." She chuckles a bit, which is a great sound and fills my heart with warmth.

"That's always helpful." I say and her lips twitch a little before lifting up into a small smile.

"It does." She agrees and for a few seconds we hold eye contact before she looks down, making me smirk a little.

"Was there anything you didn't understand though?" I ask and get up.

Her eyes dart up to me before she looks to her bag and then back to me. I slowly make my way towards her and she scoots a little to the side to make room on the sofa for me. Her eyes flicker to me, quickly glancing over my outfit, which doesn't go unnoticed by me but I ignore it.

"No, I just kinda lost track during the last few classes." She replies and meets my eyes again. From this short distance, I am able to see her beautiful y/e/c (your eye color) eyes even better and I could get lost in them. But this is not the right moment, so I push that thought away.

"Okay. Are we moving forward too fast?" I ask, being a little surprised myself by the soft tone in my voice. It's not that I mind, it's just unusual for me. She shakes her head a little.

"No, I don't think so. I guess, I just need to get familiar with this topic and everything." She says and I see her eyes searching mine for something. For a few seconds, I allow myself to just look into her eyes and get lost in thought before I pull myself together again.

"That makes sense. I hope you will soon get familiar because it is a really interesting subject." I say and smile again.

Talking about my classes always makes me smile because I really like teaching and also the topics I'm teaching. It's always interesting, to hear the students opinions on different things and get a new perspective.
Also, since I'm a college professor, I don't have to scold them every few minutes because they are loud or misbehaving. We can have conversations on the same level and that's something I really enjoy about my job. Y/n nods.

"It is." She agrees, smiling as she watches my face. That little action gives me little butterflies because it's been a while since someone smiled at me while looking at me like this.

"Is there anything in class, that distracts you?" I ask, no clue where that question just came from or why my voice suddenly is a little raspier but I feel a little excited tingle in my stomach as I wait for her answer.

She blinks a few times, her eyes staying on mine and she breathes out. I'm very aware how close we are, yet not close enough to feel her breath on my skin. But just the thought makes my body heat up. Feeling her breath on my skin, her fingertips tracing over my sides, down to my hips...
No, stop it! That's inappropriate.