Chapter 35: You'll have to keep it in your pants

Pov y/n

"You did what?" I ask, a little shocked and hear her sighing a little on the other end of the line.

"I didn't know what else to answer or what my excuse could be, so I agreed." She says and I let myself fall onto my bed, staring at my ceiling.

I'm gonna have dinner with my family and my girlfriend slash professor tomorrow night.
What could go wrong?

Also, knowing she was the co-worker of my sister that I had a crush on, hit me hard.
I knew her face was familiar and so was her name but I couldn't place it and now I can.
I'm in a relationship with my childhood crush.

There are probably not a lot of people who can say something like that.
But it does make me blush, thinking about how shy and partly awkward I was around her back then. I just wanna burry my face in my pillow and erase that memory.

"Okay." I say, breathing out.
"We can handle that. We just pretend like we don't know each other because telling them you are my professor would make it super weird."

"Agreed. I told Wanda that I am teaching Russian, so that's our cover story so far." She says and I nod, even though she can't see that. That's a good start.

"We can just tell them we didn't really notice each other on campus and that we are just as surprised as they are." I think out loud and Natasha hums.

"To keep that up, we have to pretend like we don't know each other. Well, at least not like we actually do. I think if you call me by my first name, they wouldn't get suspicious. Just maybe not Tasha, that might make them notice something." She says and I agree.

"That also means for you, that you shouldn't call me babe, baby or anything like that because that would be even more suspicious." I reply and she hums in agreement.

"We can do this." I say, trying to convince the both of us.
The thought does make me a little nervous but we can handle it, we're not dumb.

"Maybe you can show me your room then." Nat suggests, her tone shifting and I can tell that she is smirking, groaning a bit.

"I'm not sure you want to see that. It's still my teenager room, I didn't change anything since I moved out and I don't know if my parents did."

"That's okay, I like discovering how you were when you were a teenager." She says.

"It wouldn't be very unsuspicious though." I remind her and she sighs a little but agrees.

"Do I have to dress up or anything?" She asks and I chuckle a bit.

"No, it's just a casual dinner." I assure her and she breathes out in relief.

"It's kinda weird that we both didn't catch on that we already knew each other." I say.

"I mean, we both recognized that the face or name is somewhat familiar but yeah, that's it." She agrees and I nod. Thinking about it, it is kind of crazy how life made us meet again after eleven years or so.
But I guess, some things are meant to find each other and we seem to be one of those things.

We talk for a little while longer before we hang up and I go to the living room, to join Yelena on the couch.
Well, not exactly join more like...

"Uff, do you have to drop your whole freaking body onto me?" She huffs out and I grin.

"I do because I have a crisis." I tell her and slide a little off her to let her sit up, placing my head in her lap.

She switches of the TV and diverts her attention to me.
I tell her about Wanda and Natasha meeting and the whole dinner thing, closing my eyes and running my hands over my face. She listens before she talks.