Chapter 26: Taking care

Pov Natasha

Something about y/n wanting me to stay made my heart jump a little. We had a fight not even a week ago and even though we talked about most of it so far, it’s not quite settled yet.
But she still wants me to be with her and to take care of her.

I think that’s a good sign, it at least gives me hope that we can fix this.
While she’s sleeping, I bring my shoes out into the hallway, so no one will trip over them.
I go back into the kitchen and search for tea to make her when she’s awake again.

I also google what to do when someone has a fever.
It’s been a long time since I had one, so I barely remember what to do.
Luckily, my immune system is really good and I don’t really get sick, so I also don’t mind sticking around.
I find some tea and start to boil some water. While I let it heat up, I take a look into their fridge and I have to say that it is surprisingly well equipped for a student’s fridge.

Back when I was a student, I only had the necessities in there but they have it pretty good filled.
I have an idea but I don’t want to use up their groceries, so I stick with the tea for now. When it’s ready, I bring it over to y/n’s bedroom and place it on her nightstand.

She even looks exhausted when she sleeps and I worry about her.
This sickness really seems to take her out and I just want to make her feel better.
Since I have nothing else to do, I sit on a chair next to her bookshelf and pull out my phone, replying to some messages and e-mails.

When I hear the bedsheets move, I look up and see that y/n is slowly waking up and let my phone on the chair, walking over.

“Hey, honey. How are you feeling?” I coo and she smiles a little at the name before yawning.

“Sick.” She answers honestly and I nod understanding.

“I made you a tea if you want some.” I tell her and point to the mug.
She looks at me with tired but soft eyes and nods, taking the mug into her hands.
The tea should have cooled down by now, so she won’t burn her tongue.

I carefully feel her forehead. It’s still warm but not as hot as before, so the medicine seems to help. I sit down at the edge of her bed and look at her.

“I was thinking about making you a soup but I didn’t just want to use your groceries.” I tell her and her eyes light up a little behind the mug.

“I would like that. You can use whatever you need, don’t worry. Feel free to move around the kitchen.” She says and I smile at her words and the thought of making her some healthy soup.

“Anything you don’t like?” I ask and she thinks before nodding.

“I don’t like eggplants.” She tells me and I nod.

“Alright, then those won’t be in the soup.” I say and she smiles a little.
Her eyes tell me she’s still tired and I slowly reach out a hand to her. When she doesn’t seem to mind, I brush some hair out of her face.

“I will make you some soup then, maybe try and rest a little more.” I suggest and she nods, drinking the rest of her tea and snuggling back into her pillows. She’s really adorable.

I take the mug and smile at her before going back into the kitchen and starting the soup. I chop the vegetables and cook them and in between, I go check up on y/n. She’s still asleep and looks adorable all snuggled up in her bed.

Once the soup is ready, I put it onto a low flame, so it stays warm but doesn’t overcook.
As if on cue, I hear some shuffling from her room and moments later, she walks out of her room. She still seems a little tired and wears a sweatshirt and sweatpants, her hair a mess but I couldn’t care less.