Chapter 14: First touches

Pov y/n

While Nat takes care of dinner, I take a shower.
At first it feels a little weird to shower in her apartment but I ignore that feeling, I'll probably shower here more often from now on.

When I step out of the bathroom, it already smells delicious and I tug my still damp hair behind my ears before walking into the kitchen.
Nat is standing in front of the stove, humming something and cooking.
She looks pretty cute and I can't help it but to stand behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"Hey, baby." She greets me and the butterflies instantly go crazy.
This is the first time she ever called me that and it feels great. I hide my face a little in her shoulder.

"Hey, Tasha." I greet back and she turns her head a little to kiss my cheek.

"How was the shower?" She asks and I look back at what she's doing.

"It was really nice." I say and she smiles.
"Good." She replies and puts one hand over mine on her stomach.

I take one of my hands away to brush her hair aside, so I am able to kiss her neck a little. She hums in response, seeming to like that and I smile. The moment is really calm and sweet and I really enjoy it, even though it's nothing 'special'.

"Can you set the table for us?" Nat asks after a while and I kiss her neck one more time as a reply before letting go of her.

She smiles at me before pointing to a cabinet in which I find the plates and glasses. I start to set the table and catch myself humming something. I'm not sure what it is but when I go back to Nat, I realize that it's what she's been humming.

"Anything else I can do?" I ask and she looks at the pots on the stove before nodding.

"Please keep an eye on the food, I'm gonna get something real quick." She tells me and I nod before she leaves the kitchen.

I take a closer look at the food and smile at the choice she made.
When she comes back, I watch as she puts something on the table and when she lights it and steps back, I see a candle and my heart softens at the sight. She might not really show it in class but she has a really soft, sweet side that I honestly adore.
Not that I don't like when she's a little more dominant, that's pretty hot but the combination is the best of both worlds I guess.

She rejoins me in the kitchen and I help her plate the food before we sit down at the table. Nat dims the light a little, making the atmosphere even more romantic.

"It's really beautiful." I say quietly, worried I'll destroy the moment otherwise.

"Thank you." She replies, a little smile on her lips.

We eat mainly in silence, just enjoying the calm moment together.
Her food is honestly really good and an amazing change from the simple food Yelena and I always have.
I'm not saying, I don't like what we are usually having, it's just nice to change it up every once in a while, and this is perfect for that.

I catch myself thinking if this might be the change for every week, meaning that I will spend every weekend with Natasha but I throw that thought away, not wanting to get my hopes up.
After all, we haven't even talked about what we are. It's okay though because right now we are just living and not having to worry about anything feels nice as well.

When we are ready, Nat takes our plates and brings them into the kitchen, putting them into the dishwasher really quick before coming back.

"Thank you. For cleaning up and for cooking." I say with a smile and she mirrors my expression, sitting down opposite of me again.