Chapter 10: Bar

TW: Alcohol, being drunk

Pov y/n

When I arrive, the bar isn't very full yet but I also have quite an early shift, so that's normal. I put on my apron with the bar's name on it and wash my hands before getting to work.

Mixing drinks and listening to the music distracts me and I don't think so much about the redheaded teacher that has been on my mind way too much lately. I serve drinks and talk to my co-worker, Taylor, at the bar. We crack a few jokes and my mood lifts.

I watch people enter the bar and soon we are full and I am pretty busy behind the bar.
Since my shift is only three hours, I am done around 9 pm but since the people who switch with us are very kind as well, they invite me and Taylor to sit at the bar for a while.

We do so and chat about random things. I laugh as an almost heated discussion erupts about the best pasta kind. Laughing feels good and I enjoy having light hearted conversations with them. At some point, they offer us a free drink and we take it. Taylor tells me about his soccer team and for a while we talk about playing soccer.

"How about a game of 'never have I ever', soccer edition?" He asks, almost yelling because the music is quite loud. I give him a thumbs up and we order multiple shots, paying for them this time.

"Never have I ever fouled someone." He says and I give him a look and he just grins and shrugs.
We both take a shot and I scrunch my face a little, the liquid burning a little in my throat and not tasting very good but that's part of the fun somehow.

"Okay, my turn. Never have I ever, switched a position during a game." I say and he thinks about it before downing another shot. I drink one too and he thinks about the next question.

"Never have I ever played goalie, even though I wasn't."
I shake my head, that I have really never done. He shrugs and takes another shot.

"Never have I ever...accidentally destroyed a ball." He looks at me with raised eyebrows as I take the shot. It becomes less disgusting the more shots you drink actually.

"How did you destroy a ball?" He asks, his words already slurring a little, since he had a drink more than I did.

"I kicked it further than anticipated and it hit a pole that was sharp on top. When it landed back on the ground, there was a whole in it." I shrug, grinning a little at the memory. Taylor nods impressed.

"You must have kicked that ball pretty high then." He says and I nod proudly.
"Alright, my turn. Never have I ever..."

We play a few more rounds, until we both had enough shots for tonight.
It's fun to hang out with Taylor. We move down the bar, closer to the dance floor, so we can vibe a little to the music.
My head feels light and I don't care about anything anymore. Pretty much every joke Taylor makes, is suddenly the funniest thing I've ever heard and I can't stop laughing.

My eyes dart over the crowd on the dance floor until I spot someone. I can only see her backside but it's a woman with red hair and she looks so beautiful. She's wearing a loose, black dress and black high heels, her hair tied up in a bun. She's moving to the beat and seems to feel very free.
Her movements seem to mesmerize me and I can't help but watch her.

If I was sober, I would have found my own behavior creepy but my brain is way too fuzzy for that.
When Taylor announces, he'll go home now, he offers me to share an uber but I decline, wanting to watch that redhead a little more. He waves goodbye before disappearing into the crowd.

The woman seems to be here with a friend, since she is dancing with a brunette and I catch myself wishing, that it was me dancing with her. I do recognize her friend though, she ordered a few drinks earlier when it was still my shift.
Maybe I can talk to the woman. I'm not sure about my own intention, maybe forgetting my kinda shitty week, or just making new friends or wanting to get laid, I don't know. But I am pretty sure, that it'll be interesting.